-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-18-2005, 07:30 PM
fastrthnu fastrthnu is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
need 69 nova roof

Looking for roof for 1969 nova. thanks
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2006, 09:34 PM
billzie billzie is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: need 69 nova roof

Howdy, just thought I'd give you my experience.
I also needed a whole roof section for my 69 Nova.
I searched for about two years and I finally found one. My buddy and I took a 4 day trip across Illinois and into Iowa hitting every junk yard along the way. I found the only Nova coupe in my years at a yard in Iowa in the Quad Cities area (also found a grill), my total was $120, they pulled it. It is totally solid and they cut it as low on the pillars as possilble.
Now this was about 7 years ago and these cars are getting really hard to find in JYs in the North and East now.
Something to consider is to fix the problems with yours. I couldn't do this very easily, someone with great body skills could I'm sure. It was my Grandpas' car, we had it parked across the street for street cleaning on his side. A 4'x3' section of brick wall fell onto it from a fourth floor of factory that construction crews were working on. My gramps got the insurance check, didn't get it fixed, and died about two months later. After that, I was the only cousin that still wanted it. It's now ten years later and it's still on jacks in the garage. I'm hoping that later this year, after I get rid of a few of my 6 cars, I can finally start working on it. Gotta sell the 79 Z28, 91 Merc Tracer LTS, and maybe my 89 Chevy van (hauler).
Sorry to go on,
Good luck finding a roof, Bill.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts