|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Engine Swap
I have a '95 Blazer LT with a bad motor.
I can get a '92 S-10 blazer cheap. Both have 4.3 Vortec engines, I need to know if the '92 will fit in the '95. Is it the same engine. Pending the Engine code in the VIN. I don't know if the '92 is W or Z yet. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
Does the '95 have OBD2? (ECM on the coolant reservoir)
If the '95 has OBD2, it has a crank position sensor on the timing cover. The '92 will not have this, and it is most likely that the crank in the 92 will not be machined correctly to add the reluctor wheel for the crank sensor. Consider cost of buying and installing a new crankshft. What is wrong with the '95? It may be better to fix it than swap it |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
Also I think 95 is a balance shaft 4.3 and a 92 is not. Also I think the timing covers are different. What is wrong with your 95? If you would want to go with a remanufactured engine I have found that http://www.citymotorsupply.com has the best prices I have found.
__________________
![]() 1996 Blazer LT 4 Door, 4x4, 4.3L Vin W. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Engine Swap
the 92-94 motors work fine in the ODBII version on the 95. (Running a 94 here in mine) You need to move the following
Reluctor Crank Sensor Lower intake Distributor Pull both pins on the 92-94 coming out of the bosses (a pair of pliers work fine)
__________________
![]() ![]() 95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
The -95 has a loud knocking in the engine after it warms up. Sounds like a rod knock.
After researching a bit, I found that a clogged EGR will give the same symptoms as a bed bearing. Low oil pressure - 20 High Temp - 240 Loss of power As well as the knock. What confuses me is it is nice and quiet until it warms up, about 10 - 15 minutes. Wouldn't a bad bearing knock from the start? I should add that the engine code for the '95 is W. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Engine Swap
Quote:
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|