|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
After market exhaust question..
Hi, I've got a 2001 Larado, 4.0l.. I am looking at changing out the exhaust to gain some performace, I would like some input on the options that are avail (flowmaster, magnaflow, borla kits, etc..)
Also, I'm curious as to what the sound of the exhaust will be like once its done, I dont want it too sound real loud or like some rice burner.. just a nice subtle throaty sound, what do you think? Is it even worth the upgrade? Thanks! |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
I have a '96 I6 and i put on a flowmaster 40 series, 2.5 C/O. In my opinion it sounds really nice and my friends think the same. I left my cat on so its not really loud, just a deep powerful sound. Mind you i have not had a magnaflow or anything else, but flowmaster is one of the best there is. So in answer to you question mine is not really loud and does not at all sound like a rice burner and i would go with flowmaster.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
I have the FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER system (w/ the 50 series muffler) on my 94 5.2L, it sounds real good very deep sound but not real loud. The 40 Series is louder then the 50 but since you have a I6 I would go with the 40 series, the 50 series might be too mellow.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
yea i would agree with that. The 50 is better for V8, it dosent really sound that much different on an I6.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
cool, thx guys for the info.. a flowmaster sounds like it will be about perfect..
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
I am sure you will like it!
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
Quote:
__________________
2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2 Performance Mods: Numerous Suspension Mods: Some, but not enough Exterior Mods: Just Right 1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red Low 11 sec sleeper ![]() .030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends.... My Cardomain |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
Any of the grand cherokee (ZJ) cat-back exhaust systems can be used on any of the years (93-98), the cat-back on the grands are all the same, except for the tailpipe location, one exits straight out the back (this might be only on the 98 LX models, not sure) one exits out the side, but would still work.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
Quote:
__________________
2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2 Performance Mods: Numerous Suspension Mods: Some, but not enough Exterior Mods: Just Right 1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red Low 11 sec sleeper ![]() .030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends.... My Cardomain |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
For those of you that have flowmaster did you keep your stock tail pipe, considering gettin flowmaster 40 series but wanna keep the stock tail pipe if possible...
__________________
1993 Toyota Camry LE 2.2 1992 Chevrolet Caprice 5.0 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
I got the FlowMaster American Thunder System (cat-back exhaust) I used everything from the kit, my jeep didn't have a chrome tip or anything.
|
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
I did not replace any tailpipe when i did mine. All did was swap mufflers and put a steel crome tip on.
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
after researching i will get the flowmaster 50 series suv performance setup. if you go to www.flowmastermufflers.com you can see which mufflers they reconmmend for your vehicle and even listen to a sound clip of what it will sound like!
__________________
1993 Toyota Camry LE 2.2 1992 Chevrolet Caprice 5.0 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 |
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: After market exhaust question..
can you take out the cat and hollow it out?? how will it sound then???
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|