-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 PM
FortuneF1's Avatar
FortuneF1 FortuneF1 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 177
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to FortuneF1
interesting wheels, must be custom, they dont appear to be lm/gtr wheels, any ideas anyone?
  #197  
Old 12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Peloton25's Avatar
Peloton25 Peloton25 is offline
McLaren Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,632
Thanks: 714
Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Definitely custom as far as F1s go - it may be an off the shelf wheel from many of the wheel distributors in Japan that was simply forged as a blank and then the hub area was machined to match the F1. There are plenty of companies in that part of the world who could do something like that and the Japanese commonly mod their supercars in more unique ways than you see in many other parts of the world.

>8^)
ER
  #198  
Old 12-29-2005, 03:01 PM
McLaren F1 Guy's Avatar
McLaren F1 Guy McLaren F1 Guy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 619
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 Guy
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Those wheels look pretty cool, and usually I hate aftermarket wheels on an F1. I think they're a tad too big though. Looks like the #010/#070 car, huh?
__________________

There's no power greater than / / / M
  #199  
Old 12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
hurstg01's Avatar
hurstg01 hurstg01 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,244
Thanks: 665
Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts
Re: Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren F1 Guy
Those wheels look pretty cool, and usually I hate aftermarket wheels on an F1. I think they're a tad too big though. Looks like the #010/#070 car, huh?
i enquired about the chassis# on sc.net, but thought i'd try here as well

i was thinking of Jap F1's too, but the two listed above don't have the red stripe down the side

Erik - your expertise is needed!
__________________
Instagram/
  #200  
Old 12-29-2005, 05:18 PM
mini magic mini magic is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,465
Thanks: 29
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

The car with the red stripe is not 070. Its an earlier car. We don't know the chassis # though.
  #201  
Old 12-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Peloton25's Avatar
Peloton25 Peloton25 is offline
McLaren Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,632
Thanks: 714
Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Re: Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstg01
i enquired about the chassis# on sc.net, but thought i'd try here as well

i was thinking of Jap F1's too, but the two listed above don't have the red stripe down the side

Erik - your expertise is needed!
I'm currently locked out of my SC.net account - I changed my PW to something case-sensitive over there and have now forgotten what I changed it to exactly. I'll have to play the 'Forgot Password' game with it a bit later. That's why I haven't replied over there to thank JapPerformance for finding that, or to answer your question.

As Chris states - the red stripe car is not one that we know the chassis number on. I haven't really pursued finding it to the fullest extent as I was hoping that bucialli would figure it out but some people over there must know which car it is given the frequency that it is spotted.

I saw you said you only have two pics of it though - you should be able to find more searching this forum. In fact this link to several shots is in the first post in this thread. I know there have been several more posted and linked. Unfortunately most of them are Japanese-sized photos.

>8^)
ER
  #202  
Old 12-30-2005, 03:56 AM
hurstg01's Avatar
hurstg01 hurstg01 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,244
Thanks: 665
Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
I'm currently locked out of my SC.net account - I changed my PW to something case-sensitive over there and have now forgotten what I changed it to exactly. I'll have to play the 'Forgot Password' game with it a bit later. That's why I haven't replied over there to thank JapPerformance for finding that, or to answer your question.

As Chris states - the red stripe car is not one that we know the chassis number on. I haven't really pursued finding it to the fullest extent as I was hoping that bucialli would figure it out but some people over there must know which car it is given the frequency that it is spotted.

I saw you said you only have two pics of it though - you should be able to find more searching this forum. In fact this link to several shots is in the first post in this thread. I know there have been several more posted and linked. Unfortunately most of them are Japanese-sized photos.

>8^)
ER
Xmas arrives late for Hurstg01!! Cheers Erik
__________________
Instagram/
  #203  
Old 03-22-2006, 04:17 AM
bucciali's Avatar
bucciali bucciali is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 352
Thanks: 48
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Some more pics of the ZAZ museum. Nothing new, just nice res pics. Taken in April/May 2005. Also showing the actual building, for future reference, in case one of us ends up in Japan :-)



I'm aware the recap on page 1 needs a massive overhaul, but i'm lacking time at the moment. Please be patient
  #204  
Old 03-22-2006, 04:37 AM
Peloton25's Avatar
Peloton25 Peloton25 is offline
McLaren Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,632
Thanks: 714
Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Nice to see this wonderful thread back on top with an update. Thanks for the continued efforts my friend.

>8^)
ER
  #205  
Old 03-22-2006, 08:10 AM
FortuneF1's Avatar
FortuneF1 FortuneF1 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 177
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to FortuneF1
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

where did the f1 gt go???
  #206  
Old 03-22-2006, 05:12 PM
bucciali's Avatar
bucciali bucciali is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 352
Thanks: 48
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

The GT hasn't been in any recent pictures of the ZAZ line-up. I believe on page 1, the actual recap, I listed it as 'up for discussion'.
It was part of the Rosso magazine August 2005 edition special on F1's, however a small pic that they had on their website announcing that special, showed the same setup as on the pictures I've just shared today.

I think it could still be the ZAZ collection, just not on display. I have seen many different line-ups (check the 1996 pics, only LM2 and 053 are shown there). However, with 013R being sold, it could very well be sold too.

Maybe Shin Okamoto was interested in expanding his collection. But then again, the gems in his collection were out on a field trip at the CG November Meeting, and the GT wasn't there. However, I have the suspicion that there are a few "high-end" collections in Japan, that we aren't seeing much of on the Internet.

Maybe 'coffeym' is still lurking the forum and could provide us with some info. Otherwise I guess we all need to chip in our to save up for a AF-F1 community sponsored visit to Japan.
I volunteer to take the long flight
  #207  
Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
bucciali's Avatar
bucciali bucciali is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 352
Thanks: 48
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

A few more. July 2005 this time. Now, I know the brightness is sorta lacking, but I like the yellowish/orangy glow to the pics.

I like the 3q frontal shots the best.




On another note. I think it's so amazing how not more pics are floating around from any of the Japanese F1 fleet. The Tag Heuer one, for example, that has shown its face a few times at the Iding Power garage. How come there are not more and more decent pictures of that????

It is such a pity. Some cars with such a nice history, that we are not getting any wiser about. Just yet. Let's hope things change. Let's hope I win the lottery this Sunday, so I can buy myself a flight ticket and 2 months of holiday, to go and see these beauties and other Japanese automotive madness.

Oh well, back to work.....
  #208  
Old 03-26-2006, 01:50 PM
hurstg01's Avatar
hurstg01 hurstg01 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,244
Thanks: 665
Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Here are some more of the unknown Silver/Grey Jap F1 with the red stripe and aftermarket wheels -







2 new pics of 2 different cars all on one weeks upoad from ExoticSpotter.com (other found on Erik's Paul Stewarts F1 thread here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=539337 ) - proves they are still out there and being driven
__________________
Instagram/
  #209  
Old 04-09-2006, 03:45 AM
Peloton25's Avatar
Peloton25 Peloton25 is offline
McLaren Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,632
Thanks: 714
Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

Unknown silver F1 in Japan. Great photo though...



Unfortunately it appears to be sold...

http://search.carhoo.jp/wa1459/car_d...060215000.html

Poke around on their website and you will uncover a few more pics of this car.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 04-09-2006 at 04:55 AM.
  #210  
Old 04-09-2006, 09:47 AM
peter i's Avatar
peter i peter i is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 718
Thanks: 74
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Send a message via AIM to peter i
Re: Recap of Japanese F1 fleet

The Jap are so $$$$$$
__________________
Love street mod & Super GT cars ? Click the ((tachometer)) to check it out!!!
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > McLaren > F1


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts