-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-24-2005, 02:52 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Question Next mod, need help deciding.

Ok, so heres the story, I'm looking to have a setup by summer to hit low 13s and idely break 12s and what im runnig now is listed below and as soon as my buddy gets it to me I'll have a garrett .60trim and a 38mm delta gate to add to that list. my question is right now I have $200 sitting in my pocket and hopfully another $200 for xmas and I would like some opnions as to what my next mod should be or what order I should get things in. What I was thinking is getting a manifold for the 60tim and wastegate and then I can trade my 14b for some 980cc injectors and then get a 255 and afpr(probably just use the command flow that I have for now) and then get a front mount and whatever else I might need but I cant think of anything. So if there is any better order to get those in or something I'm forgetting feel free to let me know. Thanks.
P.S. I'm not driving my car so it doesnt really matter if it moves or not and I also plan on doing all of the porting and possibly building the motor in the summer for a school project.
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-2005, 04:13 PM
sganc4life_4 sganc4life_4 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sganc4life_4
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

get dsm link if u dont already have it...sell the safc
__________________
95 Eclipse GS-T
6 bolt built block - shooting for 450 hp..very doable
Currently:
A lot, check progression thread - updated 3/27/10
Estimated completion date:
Soon lol
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2005, 04:21 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

I know that dsm link rules all but at this point I'd rather but the $500+ into performance rather than tuning granted tuning can increase your performance but beings that I already have an afc I don't think its really necissary at this point
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-24-2005, 05:52 PM
DragonofBC DragonofBC is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DragonofBC
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

You should already be in the 13s from you list. I'd get a 3" downpipe and test pipe/high flow cat, a 190 and a logger. Should get you close to 12s if you're a good driver.
__________________

2003 Mustang GT Convertible - 5sp. - K&N drop in, MAC catback, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Strange s/s, GMS UCAs/LCAs, MGW shifter, Nitto 275s out back. Does it ever end...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-2005, 08:15 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

finishing my exhaust is on the top of my list to but i was kind of waiting untill I get my new turbo installed to make sure everything fits right since I'm going to have it all custom made, and I was planing on going with a 255 just because I want there to be enough room to upgrade without having to replace the pump twice. and concirning that, will a command flow be sufficent to handle the 255 untill I can get somethign like the aeromotive?
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-24-2005, 08:30 PM
qwklil4 qwklil4 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The command flow is only adjustable up i believe, you will want the aeromotive unit. There are a few bolt on offerings, if you want to simplify things.

And i can't remember off the top of my head, but are ALL 95's EPROM? if not, you will need something other than an AFC to tune for 980s
__________________
Quote:
'what you got in that thing, some kind of rocket?'
Some guy on DSMTalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-25-2005, 10:48 AM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwklil4
The command flow is only adjustable up i believe, you will want the aeromotive unit. There are a few bolt on offerings, if you want to simplify things.

And i can't remember off the top of my head, but are ALL 95's EPROM? if not, you will need something other than an AFC to tune for 980s
not all but most are eprom and I do have an eprom
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-25-2005, 06:42 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

will the afc and a logger be able to control lets say 720cc injectors? and also will 720s be enough to support a .60 trim?(garrett .60mm, .43mm something like that, I wont actually have it for probably a week)
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-26-2005, 02:41 PM
DragonofBC DragonofBC is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DragonofBC
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

I remember reading in some post that the AFC is pretty hard to tune with injectors any bigger than 660. If you are going for a turbo bigger than a 16g, you'll want to save yourself the headache and just get DSMLink. You've already got the 95 EPROM so you're set in that regard. Guaranteed easier and more accurate tuning. It would be a shame to get all that sweetness into your car only to have it run like crap because you didn't want to spend the few extra bucks on proper tuning tools.

I can't help you with the 720s covering a .60 trim question. Do you know what kind of lbs/min it can flow?
__________________

2003 Mustang GT Convertible - 5sp. - K&N drop in, MAC catback, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Strange s/s, GMS UCAs/LCAs, MGW shifter, Nitto 275s out back. Does it ever end...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
crunchymilk55's Avatar
crunchymilk55 crunchymilk55 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,010
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to crunchymilk55
Re: Next mod, need help deciding.

just to repeat, it's damn near impossible to tune 720s with a safc. even 660's are pushing it. 550s are about right for a safc. Since you already have an eprom, it's a no-brainer to save an extra bit and get dsmlink.
__________________
now - 2000 civic
soon - 2002 is300
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts