-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-15-2005, 11:38 PM
MahdiVR-4 MahdiVR-4 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

I just sold my car today to Humanvr4 on 3si (Jerry). I know it has a great home now, but it's pretty hard to now when I go in to my garage and my baby is not going to be in their. Pretty sad.

Here is a picture of my car:





Ohh yeah, let me know what u guys think I should buy next. I want something reliable and nice and that is capable of running low to high 12s with not too much mods. I was thinking maybe a NSX.


Thanks


Mahdi
__________________

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo SOLD
Greddy Profec B II boost controller set at 14psi, Greddy Turbo Timer, Stillen downpipe, Turbo XS RFL BOV, Walbro 341 Fuel Pump, intake, ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch, AutoMeter boost and A/F gauge, AutoMeter gauge pod, Viper Alarm System, 15% Tint, 18x9 Saleen Wheelz, Bluethunder sparkplug wire.

best track time 13.068


www.goldenhomes.org -->
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Morphius289's Avatar
Morphius289 Morphius289 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. You're 3000GT is one of my favorites because of the perfect lines and those saleen rims *drool*. On the subject of another car...I'd have to say either an NSX or you might even be able to get an R32 Skyline. I've been a fan of RHD cars for a long time. Good luck!
__________________
Black 1997 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
[01:05] Igovert500: scrwe his method
[01:05] Igovert500: too much crap
[01:06] Igovert500: i just jam a garden hose in there
[01:06] Igovert500: and put it on high flow
[01:06] Igovert500: go the opposite direction too
[01:06] Igovert500: so it clears out more shit
18 and out of debt - member #1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 AM
MahdiVR-4 MahdiVR-4 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphius289
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. You're 3000GT is one of my favorites because of the perfect lines and those saleen rims *drool*. On the subject of another car...I'd have to say either an NSX or you might even be able to get an R32 Skyline. I've been a fan of RHD cars for a long time. Good luck!

Thanks a lot!

lol when I think skyline, all I see is R34 and nothing lower


Mahdi
__________________

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo SOLD
Greddy Profec B II boost controller set at 14psi, Greddy Turbo Timer, Stillen downpipe, Turbo XS RFL BOV, Walbro 341 Fuel Pump, intake, ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch, AutoMeter boost and A/F gauge, AutoMeter gauge pod, Viper Alarm System, 15% Tint, 18x9 Saleen Wheelz, Bluethunder sparkplug wire.

best track time 13.068


www.goldenhomes.org -->
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Igovert500's Avatar
Igovert500 Igovert500 is offline
blue + red light magnet
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Well I'm sad to hear you sold it...I think it was one of the cleanest vr4s on here, but at least it has a good home.

As far as where to go next, I honestly don't know what the aftermarket for an NSX looks like, judging by the car's original pricetag, I'm going to guess it's alot like ours. Whereas Supras have a HUGE aftermarket. I guess it really all depends on which you can find and afford. Both are great cars.
__________________
96 3000gt vr4
-K&N FIPK
-Proboost mbc
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-16-2005, 01:18 PM
1viadrft's Avatar
1viadrft 1viadrft is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Sucks to have to lewt her go... but may I ask why you sold her? Just got tired of it? I mean you probably had a 12's capable car in your hands I'm sure... but you want another car???
__________________
1990 Z32 2+2 BLITZ SUS Intake, HKS ALC

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
AutostradaVR4 AutostradaVR4 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

man...i cant imagine selling my car...but if your bored with it, gotta do what you gotta do.
My opinion for your next whip:

Skyline>Turbo Supra>NSX>RX7

Even if you cant get your hands on an R34, Skyline will just get more respect than anything else. I dont know what your looking to spend, but you can probably pick up an R34 in good condition for 40K or so. Theres actually a few on autotrader right now.
__________________
Formerly BlinkRA182

--VR-4-- --09 Lancer RALLIART-- --Me--
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Morphius289's Avatar
Morphius289 Morphius289 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

I know there's a guy on 3SI that's supposedly importing Skylines and a bunch of other stuff. 3SI thread
__________________
Black 1997 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
[01:05] Igovert500: scrwe his method
[01:05] Igovert500: too much crap
[01:06] Igovert500: i just jam a garden hose in there
[01:06] Igovert500: and put it on high flow
[01:06] Igovert500: go the opposite direction too
[01:06] Igovert500: so it clears out more shit
18 and out of debt - member #1
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2005, 09:35 PM
MahdiVR-4 MahdiVR-4 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Thanks a lot for the comments!!

Well I just got tired of the whole shit breaking all the time. I dident want to get shit fix everyday and then sit in my car and be like ohh what's that sound and then have to fix it. I am person that likes my car to be perfect and I will try to pay as much as I can to make it perfect. Clean it everyday, wax it every week, buy the best brand parts, etc. etc. only use OEM parts and doing that with a VR4 it just kills you. Every car has maintence but I am sorry to say this but Mitsubishi dident now wtf they were doing when they build the VR4, they got so carried way on the design and Tech. that they did not care or pay attention on how reliable the car is going to be after it passes the 60k mile point. Every car has weakness but VR4 had to many for me. But the car was a beauty, it turned head every were I went. It was like having a girl friend that is hot ass hell and gives you what you want but gives to you with attiude and you have to buy her shit all the time and take her to the mall and have to buy here stuff.

Overall it was a great car and had time of my life with it, and It was almost worth the all the headaches but I think my main problem was that I was tired of the whole used car thing.

I was thinking about buying a Supra or a NSX but after chating with my father I decided to go with a new car. So next week I am going to buy a brand new car. I am going to keep that till I can put my order in for the 2007/2008 GTR.

Again thanks a lot

and sorry about the long post.


Mahdi
__________________

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo SOLD
Greddy Profec B II boost controller set at 14psi, Greddy Turbo Timer, Stillen downpipe, Turbo XS RFL BOV, Walbro 341 Fuel Pump, intake, ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch, AutoMeter boost and A/F gauge, AutoMeter gauge pod, Viper Alarm System, 15% Tint, 18x9 Saleen Wheelz, Bluethunder sparkplug wire.

best track time 13.068


www.goldenhomes.org -->
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Morphius289's Avatar
Morphius289 Morphius289 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

...2007 GTR...

DROOOL god it's going to be gorgeous. What new car do you think you're going to get? Pontiac GTO? G35 coupe? Honda S2000?
__________________
Black 1997 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
[01:05] Igovert500: scrwe his method
[01:05] Igovert500: too much crap
[01:06] Igovert500: i just jam a garden hose in there
[01:06] Igovert500: and put it on high flow
[01:06] Igovert500: go the opposite direction too
[01:06] Igovert500: so it clears out more shit
18 and out of debt - member #1
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-19-2005, 12:51 AM
MahdiVR-4 MahdiVR-4 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 72
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphius289
...2007 GTR...

DROOOL god it's going to be gorgeous. What new car do you think you're going to get? Pontiac GTO? G35 coupe? Honda S2000?

I am going to keep that as a suprise I will have it by the end of the week (if everything goes well).


Thanks


Mahdi
__________________

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo SOLD
Greddy Profec B II boost controller set at 14psi, Greddy Turbo Timer, Stillen downpipe, Turbo XS RFL BOV, Walbro 341 Fuel Pump, intake, ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch, AutoMeter boost and A/F gauge, AutoMeter gauge pod, Viper Alarm System, 15% Tint, 18x9 Saleen Wheelz, Bluethunder sparkplug wire.

best track time 13.068


www.goldenhomes.org -->
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Alaa_Turbo's Avatar
Alaa_Turbo Alaa_Turbo is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your car is a very nice, as far as I know that in U.S the cars is Left hand drive, skylines are right hand drive, so they convert it to Left hand drive, becareful, if it is not converted well, it will cause you dangerous problems.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Morphius289's Avatar
Morphius289 Morphius289 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Actually, thats a common mis-perception. They don't have to be switched to LHD, and can remain RHD as long as you get them legalized. Our mail-trucks are RHD, and they work just fine. It's actually the matter of legalizing them. It costs around $25,000 and motorex is now out of business, so it's going to be hard to get them legalized at all.
__________________
Black 1997 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
[01:05] Igovert500: scrwe his method
[01:05] Igovert500: too much crap
[01:06] Igovert500: i just jam a garden hose in there
[01:06] Igovert500: and put it on high flow
[01:06] Igovert500: go the opposite direction too
[01:06] Igovert500: so it clears out more shit
18 and out of debt - member #1
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Alaa_Turbo's Avatar
Alaa_Turbo Alaa_Turbo is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Morphius289

It is boring to drive a RHD car except if I am left handed, GT-R'S aren't expensive, I guess getting a good used GT-R 33 costs about 12000$ or around that if modified. Why legalizing the car?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Morphius289's Avatar
Morphius289 Morphius289 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

If by $12,000 you mean $45,000, then yes, it's not expensive. Trust me, you do not see Skylines in the US. Ever. In fact, I have never seen one in person in my entire life, and I've seen some pretty rare cars. The reason for this is solely because of the fact that they're hard to legalize. In order for you to drive them on the road, you have to have your car pass certain tests that the government deems appropriate. Emmissions, etc. It's not as simple as just importing a car from a company with completely different rules on saftey and other important aspects that the manufacturers have to take into perspective. Hope that helped you understand a little bit better
__________________
Black 1997 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
[01:05] Igovert500: scrwe his method
[01:05] Igovert500: too much crap
[01:06] Igovert500: i just jam a garden hose in there
[01:06] Igovert500: and put it on high flow
[01:06] Igovert500: go the opposite direction too
[01:06] Igovert500: so it clears out more shit
18 and out of debt - member #1
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:56 AM
Alaa_Turbo's Avatar
Alaa_Turbo Alaa_Turbo is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: My baby (vr4) is gone!!!

Thanks a lot for the information, I am not from U.S.A, I've seen a lot of GT-R'S in person.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts