-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Unorganized tools = idea

Ok, I live in a town of about 35,000 including the surrounding area. Its a great place to live, there is just NOTHING to do. So what do we do up here? We make shit. For example Mikes intake and test pipe. We had nothing better to do, so we made stuff to put on his car. Well, I didnt have anything to do to night, so I was looking at my tools. I realized how unorganized the combination wrenches were. The tool set we got just had a damn plastic bag for them so they got thrown in the bottom drawer of our tool box with all the other random shit. That makes it hard to get the right size on the first try, and we wind up losing some of our tools. Well, last winter, while I was doing nothing, decided I would learn how to use my moms sewing machine. I did and it was fun. I made some dope ass pajamas, as a matter of fact I'm wearing them now. I decided to put my sewing skills, my creativity, and some random denim to work to organize my combination wrenches. After 2 and 1/2 hours and some fuckin around, I made this:



What do you guys think?
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:38 PM
scottsee scottsee is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to scottsee
Re: Unorganized tools = idea

same fabric as your PJ's??
__________________
DSM geek
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Re: Unorganized tools = idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsee
same fabric as your PJ's??
No, the PJ's are flannel
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2005, 11:07 PM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: Unorganized tools = idea

now if you can sew the size of the wrench onto it's corresponding pocket with a different color thread, then i will give you MAD props.
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Eclipse4ever's Avatar
Eclipse4ever Eclipse4ever is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 472
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unorganized tools = idea

Good job man. Looks nice. I rather buy one though.
Last time I tried to sew ... never mind I dont want to be laught at for months to come.
__________________
1997 Eclipse GSX
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2005, 11:49 AM
LouieAWDTSi's Avatar
LouieAWDTSi LouieAWDTSi is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 572
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Unorganized tools = idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthompson97
now if you can sew the size of the wrench onto it's corresponding pocket with a different color thread, then i will give you MAD props.
Screw that..to much effort needed...just grab a black sharpie man! haha
__________________
--the Cruiser-->97 Spyder GST 5sp ---3 inch exhaust, boost/vac gauge, mbc, greddy turbo timer, greddy fmic, greddy type S BOV, 17in wheels

--the DD-->99 ACURA 3.2 TL

--Sold 92TSi AWD, 6-bolt, auto, evo 3 gt turbo with supporting mods
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2005, 12:37 PM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: Re: Re: Unorganized tools = idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAWDTSi
Screw that..to much effort needed...just grab a black sharpie man! haha

i just wanted to put his sewing expertise to work.
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2005, 12:40 PM
drdisque's Avatar
drdisque drdisque is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: Unorganized tools = idea

I've seen a similar thing used to organize curling irons
__________________
Dr. Disque -
Current cars:
2008 BMW 135i M-Sport
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
MexRocket's Avatar
MexRocket MexRocket is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unorganized tools = idea

well..... thats alot of work, and im sure for you it was worth it, good job man.... i know if i tried something like that, i would be in the hospital within seconds...
__________________
STATUS: Near completion for the Engine
PROJECT BEST 1G IN IL:70% Done
MODS: C2 boost,mbc,B16GEGTurbo,12x28x3x3 FMIC,Ported2gmani,k&n.
Being bought in two weeks: Dsmlink,880's,3"exhaust,piping,suspension,axel,dri lled and slotted brakes.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Unorganized tools = idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthompson97
now if you can sew the size of the wrench onto it's corresponding pocket with a different color thread, then i will give you MAD props.
My mom just got a embroidery machine about two weeks ago, but doesnt know how to use it yet. Guess whats going to happen as soon as she can show me how to use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAWDTSi
Screw that..to much effort needed...just grab a black sharpie man! haha
I thought about it, but I think I'll just embroider it later. I thought about scraping some grease off Mikes engine and using that to put numbers on, but I think embroidering it would be a little more fun.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments!
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31 PM
ned032002's Avatar
ned032002 ned032002 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,570
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Re: Unorganized tools = idea

I don't think I've ever read the word Embroider nor ever said it before today. Good job.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 PM
david-b's Avatar
david-b david-b is offline
Dave is THAT guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: Unorganized tools = idea

I've never seen the word Embroider on this forum before.

Looks pretty sweet.

I've never heard a guy say he was actually happy because he used a sewing machine... not only that, but made some dope-ass pajamas. There's some weird people around here. LOL.

Nice work
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ
Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts