-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-08-2005, 02:33 PM
venom_design's Avatar
venom_design venom_design is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 346
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

hey mates,

I bought a tablet yesterday and now im testing it!! its only a lil bit very sketchy, but I think u'll like it!! C&C = welcome!!

click here

greetz Venom
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2005, 02:52 PM
dshelton71 dshelton71 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dshelton71 Send a message via Yahoo to dshelton71
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

i like it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Mshkttck's Avatar
Mshkttck Mshkttck is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awesome! I suck at that lol
__________________

mshkttck: you are a
mshkttck: LYER!!!
mshkttck: LIER!!
alex: liar?
mshkttck: LIAR, yes, thank you
alex: haha
alex: rofl
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2005, 08:16 PM
KustmAce's Avatar
KustmAce KustmAce is offline
Grande Boleros de Fuego
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,719
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

SWEET! Best Artpad sketch ive ever seen
__________________
MAKE ART, NOT WAR
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2005, 03:13 AM
lepain lepain is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to lepain
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

thats awesome, Im thinking of buying a tablet too. What tablet did you buy, and why that one?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 AM
knightvision's Avatar
knightvision knightvision is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to knightvision
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

Awesome Robert, it's very interesting to watch you drawing. How do you like the tablet? Does it's pen need a battery? How big is it?

@ lepain: I have a small wacom. I can't use it well yet, but it has a very high quality, and it has a rather light pen without battery, which is very good for ergonomy. It was expensive, but since you're on a pro level you should own a pro tablet.
__________________
todays MICE CINEMA:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-2005, 08:50 AM
venom_design's Avatar
venom_design venom_design is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 346
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

hey mates,

I bought a very cheap tablet...€40,-.
The pen needs a battery and the dimmentions of the tablet are 4,5" x 6",
thats 114mm x152mm.
First I would buy a lil more expensive one...(twice as expensive),
but they didnt have that one then, but I would like to have a tablet, so I bought this one.
It's a Trust 200 V2 wireless tablet
click here

I think it makes drawing difficult, because if you turn the tablet, the paper dont turn, and thats confusing, so im learning now to draw without turning the paper.

And at last...the reason that I bought this one...I didn't have a high budget,
so I didn't look for a Wacom, but they are better!!! So I looked for a
cheap one, which have 512 levels of pressure (which don't work in photoshop haha...), but ok... I hope you have enough info now. If you peeps wanna know more, ask me!!

greetz Venom
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-2005, 09:19 AM
lepain lepain is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to lepain
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

ok, thx. I think that I will go for a top of the range wacom or something, since I do have got a big budget. I hope you have fun with your tablet, and you can always show us your progress.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-09-2005, 03:55 PM
grantrl78's Avatar
grantrl78 grantrl78 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 699
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

Cool work.
Even cooler ad for AF.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Magliano's Avatar
Magliano Magliano is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

Nice Venom.

I have a Wacom Graphire 2. I bought it 3 years ago...for $199 (canadian dollars).
First i used a lot to create textures for 3d models...this was my first use.

For drawing direct on the pc, im not used too...But is very usefull.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-09-2005, 08:32 PM
venom_design's Avatar
venom_design venom_design is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 346
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
another one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
asaenz's Avatar
asaenz asaenz is offline
Sketch Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,714
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Venom, the sketch looks fantastic.
It looks like you did it on paper w/ a real pencil.

What is the brand name of your tablet?

Thx
__________________
AutoArtShop.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-10-2005, 12:47 PM
stuffbyalex's Avatar
stuffbyalex stuffbyalex is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

nice sketches Venom! A hell of alot better than anyone could do with a mouse

Alex
__________________
www.geocities.com/stuffbyalex
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-10-2005, 12:57 PM
shopaddict's Avatar
shopaddict shopaddict is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to shopaddict
I have a proffesional tablet ...

It's a Wacom Intous3 A4



I LOVE IT

- The pen and the mouse don't need battery's
- It's A4 format wich is huge ...
- It has buttons (left and right corners) wich you can instal yourself, par example: Space, Ctrl, alt, shift, etc. (really usefull)
- The mouse has on both the sides a button wich i use for next and previous on the internet (also really usefull)

gues that are the main things, here's a link with some more info:

http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/produ...intuos3_a4.asp


Nice sketch tho
__________________
Check out my site: www.mishastrik.nl
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-10-2005, 04:54 PM
venom_design's Avatar
venom_design venom_design is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 346
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: artpad work, I bought a tablet:-D

the brand of my tablet is Trust. Im surprised by the quality, cause I allways say this about the other products from trust : don't trust trust. haha...well...the game steering wheels are useless...but this stuff is good!!! and very cheap!! And since I have a laptop, the size is also perfect!!! Today I took it with me to school and I made the red drawing...while everyone was using paper, I used my tablet!! This is what I did with it now in Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.0

sorry for the size, but I was too lazy to make it smaller.



and



these were just some tries, so I dunno yet if im going to finnish them...but I like the way you can color with these things!!!

well...hope you like the drawings...

greetz Venom
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts