-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-13-2005, 11:21 AM
dfownz dfownz is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
About to get a '00 Maxima

Hey guys,

After a long battle to find a car, I've finally found what I'm looking for. Its a '00 Maxima SE 5spd. I'm not looking to keep the car stock for very long and I am just asking modifications that really help the Maximas.

Right now I'm thinking about upgrading the intake and putting on dual exhaust. Not going any higher than 3 inches on the exhaust and it would be a full cat-back exhaust.

Not sure which intake I would want, I'm sure there's a "best" for Maxima's, so feel free to suggest one!

Thanks,

DF
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2005, 10:20 PM
ExoticCreations ExoticCreations is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your best bet is to get a Y-pipe. It's going to give u the most power and a nice exhaust tone.
For the intake, if your looking for a nice growl just add a cone filter. But a "true" CAI would give the most power.
Maxspeed sells some nice lowering springs for around a $100 on ebay.
And a FSTB and a RSB will handing up to par where it should be.
__________________

Shift_*Maxspeed_Springs*Headers*Y-pipe*CAI*Hawk_Pads*17°_Timing*
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Adusts Adusts is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Adusts
Cai

I think that Cattman intakes are probably going to give u the most power. I have heard bad things about Injen cold air intakes for maximas. And I am about to get a Cattman intake myself.

http://cattman.com/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2005, 01:35 AM
street_racer_00's Avatar
street_racer_00 street_racer_00 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: About to get a '00 Maxima

Y-pipe is the best mod for a 5th generation maxima, gains of 15 hp at the wheels are the norm...as far as intake goes...not sure, I made my own out of a K&N conical filter and some spiral flex tubing...lol.
__________________
2000 Nissan Maxima SE, autotragic, sterling mist
My Max: Getting smoked by boosted cars since 2004
2004 AF award winner: longest time period w/o posting an actual street racing story
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts