|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
01 spyder factory amp/rewiring
hey, got a couple questions. Since I dont trust a salesman as far as I can throw him, I uisually dont beleive half the crap they spit out. Anyhow, Im installing an 800W audiobahn amp with 2 12" audiobahn subs (400w peak each). But they tell me my car has a factory amp under the passenger seat which will require me to rewire all my crap. Is this true?
I thought the only thing hookin into the radio from the amp will be my RCA preouts and the antenna out, how will this affect the already instock system? With the proper wire harness, I just hookup the new CD player, hook in the preouts and hook my trunk system up? Or am I missing something here? I'm not used to hookin stuff up alone, but I have no choice. No way in hell am I paying them 400 smackers to install this. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 01 spyder factory amp/rewiring
theres actually a $20 adapter you can buy so that you dont have to rewire it- but you need to have at least one pair of speaker(not sub) preamps for it. two pair is better.
here's the link to one |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: 01 spyder factory amp/rewiring
Quote:
but how would I hook up my sub amp then? If the RCA plugs go into the back of the HU (which only has 2 RCA preouts, a red and white one) where do I plug in my sub amp? |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 01 spyder factory amp/rewiring
well if you only have one pair, then you can get two RCA Y-splitters. and then use a high-to-low level converter for the subs(if your amp supports it) and just wire them into your rear speaker wires. its not the best way to go but it will work.
or you can just rewire it yourself. all you have to do is run new speaker cable from each speaker into the wiring harness on the headunit. this will completely bypass the factory amp and leave your RCA preamps for your subs |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: 01 spyder factory amp/rewiring
Quote:
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 01 spyder factory amp/rewiring
Ok does or deck have a sub woofer preout. Because if so you can do a thruster mentioned with output, and then hook the RCA cable into the sub preout.
__________________
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Debagged, 18" MKW Rims, 5% Tint, Ralliart Eyelids, Outlaw Racing IM and TB Spacers, Ingals "Stiffy", Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Tanabe Lower Tie/Strut Bars, Progress Rear/Eibach Front Sway Bar, D2 Racing Lowering Springs, RRE Headers and Axelback, AEM CAI w/ Bypass, 12000k HID Heads, 3000k HID Fogs, Sunroof Wind Visor, Drilled/Slotted Front/Rear Rotors, and Ceramic Brake Pads. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 01 spyder factory amp/rewiring
for the guage you probably want to check your headunits manual and see what will work with the harness. 14 might be a little too big
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|