|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm trying to get the bolt out of the main pulley on a 99 D16Y8. It won't budge. Does anyone know any tricks or have any tips on how to remove this thing? I assume that it is a standard thread bolt, lefty loosey. Am I right?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Main Pulley
im assuming you mean the crank pulley bolt.
ive used 800 lbs of impact wrench torque with no go. bought snap ons chain wrench and a 4 foot breaker bar. worked like a charm. dont forget to retorque it to 130 ft lbs of torque when your done.
__________________
99 [email protected] psi si- I voted for the Terminator for Gov. 95 HB- B16a2- SC34@12psi WTB: USDM B16a2 or B16a3 complete short block. pm is the key. FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Main Pulley
Yeah, we just did that one... had to make a homemade wrench to get it out (frickin huge), but yeah, make sure to get it torqued down enough, or you could have problems!
__________________
www.civicland.com www.turbod16.com Quote:
Quote:
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks for the help. I think I'll get a piece of pipe and make my breaker bar longer.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Main Pulley
your still going to need something to keep the crank pulley from rotating. ex. chain wrench, crank bolt holder specialty tool.
snap on sells em for close to $40.or you can try jamming a screwdriver into the teeth of the flywheel from the starter side and have someone else break the bolt off.
__________________
99 [email protected] psi si- I voted for the Terminator for Gov. 95 HB- B16a2- SC34@12psi WTB: USDM B16a2 or B16a3 complete short block. pm is the key. FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|