-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-02-2005, 08:15 AM
nathanwiblin nathanwiblin is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry N reg Laguna rti wont turn over

Hi all, first an intro as its my first post! - HELLO!!!!!

Now on to business!

I have a n reg renault laguna 2.0 rti - It has done 178000 miles, but had a new engine clutch gearbox etc fitted in 2000 and has covered 78000 miles.

I bught this off a friends brother who had it since new and he never had a problem with it. It was left on the drive for a year, then I bought it with a new mot (which it flew past)

Every so often I will try to start the car, open the central locking as normal with the fob, then go to turn the ignition on, and all the right lights come up and when I go to start the car - NOTHING!

I wait a day or two and hey presto its all allright.

Weird, the fob is fine I opened the alarm bit in the roof to check for water and nothing.

The really strange thing is I can bump it, so I dont think it is the immobiliser.

I have put in a new battery (which casued a few probs with the alarm and immobiliser but all sorted now) and it still does it, yet all lights radio etc works so i think the alternator is ok, dunno how to find the startermotor so I dont know about that, but like I said the problem is intermitent.

Any help would be sweet!

Thanks for providing an excellent servive.


Nath
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts