-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Subaru > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-21-2005, 12:39 AM
turbojusty turbojusty is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to turbojusty
turboing my justy

Alright, I got the turbo. I have never done anything with a turbo yet, I have been reading up on them and I got a pretty good idea on how it works and how it has to be connected, and so on.
I have questions though regarding what I will have to do to the engine and possibly the electronics.

First off, my justy is 1990 MPFI. The turbo is out of an 87 Lebaron which, I have been told is regulated to 7 psi.

What is the best pipe to use for my manifold to connect the turbo to the engine? What have solutions can be done for getting oil to the turbo, (I have a couple ideas but I'd like to see if anyone has done this...successfully)? Am I going to have a fuel delivery problem, i.e not getting enough gas to the cylinders? Am I going to have to change my MAP sensor? Is there a way to mod the computer if I have to?

I cant think of anything else at the moment...but if anyone has any answers or recommendations or knows of other potential problems, it would be much appreciated.

I havent started on the turbo installation yet, but as soon as I finish installing the rollcage, I am going to begin that process.

thanx in advance
Mike
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Subaru > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts