-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-07-2005, 07:30 PM
jimmydager jimmydager is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Non-level ride

Hey,
my truck is not level and I was wondering what was causing it. I think that it is bad shocks but what do you all think? Here are the measurements. Frt left = 35.25, Frt rt = 36.5, Back left = 34.5, Back rt = 36. I was wondering what the factory clearance was between the ground and the fender edge. I have a 92 chevy K1500. Do you think that this is caused by poor shocks. Also, does anyone know how large of Tire I can put on a stock 92 K1500? Thanks for your help.
Jimmy Dager
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2005, 07:00 PM
TexasF355F1's Avatar
TexasF355F1 TexasF355F1 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,776
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
This is known as the chevy lean. Get use to it.
__________________
*Under Construction - New sig to debut*
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2005, 11:25 PM
v10_viper's Avatar
v10_viper v10_viper is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Hey there, we talked about this here awhile back. I also have a 92, and for your tires you'll clear 265/75/16's no problem. My truck also rode unlevel and I cranked up my front torsion bars and measured the front to get it level, and it is now but the difference in my front sides was only half an inch. The back somebody on here said that because it's a half ton truck a full tank/empty tank makes a difference. You could always check tire pressure to and make sure its the same, I have 10 ply tires so 10 psi difference wouldn't be noticeable at all. New shocks never hurt either, are they factory ones or when were they last changed?
__________________
Wait a minute, you mean to say a bottle of pop is bigger than your engine??

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts