-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance
Register FAQ Community
Non-Performance This is the place to discuss interior, exterior, and other non-performance related modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-21-2005, 08:45 PM
ford460bigblock ford460bigblock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool what size speaker can fix in ............

the front doors of a 96 cavalier sedan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

4x6.... all other need custom fitting.
__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2005, 09:55 PM
01Cavy 01Cavy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 01Cavy
I put 5x7s in mine. Just have to drill a few holes.
__________________
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Check out my CarDomain at...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493960
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2005, 08:12 AM
RedCavalierRacer's Avatar
RedCavalierRacer RedCavalierRacer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RedCavalierRacer
Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Cavy
I put 5x7s in mine. Just have to drill a few holes.
My buddy put 6x9's but it was a tight fit, and it didnt sound all that good.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

6x9 are for the rear deck
__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2005, 10:19 AM
01Cavy 01Cavy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 01Cavy
I have 6x9s in the back...wouldn't think about putting them in the front. 5x7s are plenty.
__________________
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Check out my CarDomain at...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493960
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2005, 05:20 PM
RedCavalierRacer's Avatar
RedCavalierRacer RedCavalierRacer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RedCavalierRacer
Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Cavy
I have 6x9s in the back...wouldn't think about putting them in the front. 5x7s are plenty.

Yeah, 6x9's in the front are a little much, but he had a 4 channel amp running to them and he had more treble then you could ever need.

.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

they are just more cludder... overkill...
__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2005, 10:50 PM
01Cavy 01Cavy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 01Cavy
Re: Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCavalierRacer
Yeah, 6x9's in the front are a little much, but he had a 4 channel amp running to them and he had more treble then you could ever need.

.
Another problem. I'm not about treble. For me its all bass. I'll let my tweeters take care of the rest...when I put them in.
__________________
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Check out my CarDomain at...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493960
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-23-2005, 03:30 PM
RedCavalierRacer's Avatar
RedCavalierRacer RedCavalierRacer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RedCavalierRacer
Re: Re: Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Cavy
Another problem. I'm not about treble. For me its all bass. I'll let my tweeters take care of the rest...when I put them in.

Oh yeah, I just like the bass too, everyone always complains in my car(when I had my system)

"Why do you like this? You can't even hear the music!"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Ah... the hearing aid buisness will love you 2.
__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2005, 11:00 PM
01Cavy 01Cavy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 01Cavy
I'll worry about that another day!
__________________
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Check out my CarDomain at...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493960
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-24-2005, 09:34 AM
blitz/littledevil's Avatar
blitz/littledevil blitz/littledevil is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to blitz/littledevil
Re: Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicrocjunkie
Ah... the hearing aid buisness will love you 2.
theyre already making money off of me and thats why ive decided to have the happy medium.. unbeleiveable sound quality and just enough bass to bug the neighbors

but yeah 6x9 in the back 4x6 in front or 5 1/4-6 1/2 or anything below them if you want
__________________
im not too young to drive... im just not old enough to smoke.... you that is-BULLIT
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-24-2005, 10:12 PM
01Cavy 01Cavy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 01Cavy
Re: Re: Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz/littledevil
theyre already making money off of me and thats why ive decided to have the happy medium.. unbeleiveable sound quality and just enough bass to bug the neighbors

but yeah 6x9 in the back 4x6 in front or 5 1/4-6 1/2 or anything below them if you want
I want the whole neighborhood to hear me...especially one neighbor. Damn racist bastard!
__________________
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Check out my CarDomain at...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493960
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:01 AM
RedCavalierRacer's Avatar
RedCavalierRacer RedCavalierRacer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RedCavalierRacer
Re: Re: Re: Re: what size speaker can fix in ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Cavy
I want the whole neighborhood to hear me...especially one neighbor. Damn racist bastard!
Yeah, I think the only part about having so much bass it kills your ear drums is the fact knowing that people either like it or either pissed off.

Either way, you know that everyone knows that your there....
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts