|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
palm pilot... need some advice
Ok... could I get some of ya to post some palm pilot models that I would want to get for a pocket logger OBDII... I was lookin at some on ebay and...well...I was kinda lost...
If ya see some that are good could ya post it puh-leeeze? The ones I saw were pretty cheap from the prices I had heard boostedspyder talkin about awhile back when he was going to get his... I now know which logger to get..... Thanks in advance guys!!! ![]() Oh yeah... if there are any other things like cables and shit throw them in also........
__________________
"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs." -Ghengis Khan |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: palm pilot... need some advice
I got an m105 for $16 off ebay and it works great. You just have to watch out for some of the newer ones, as they lack the connection to hook up to the logger cable.
You will also want to pick up a serial cable for the palm (mine didn't come with one) Compatable Palm model listing (Pocketlogger): http://www.pocketlogger.com/?pid=faq_pda_list Ebay link for Serial Cable (m105): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
__________________
![]() 1997 Spyder GS-T 5-Speed EVO III 16g, DSMLink, Walboro 190 lph Fuel Pump, FIC 650cc injectors, CoolingMist 150psi Methanol Injection, Greddy EVO 2 Cat Back, 2.5" Extreme DP, 2.5" Extreme Hi-Flow Cat, Injen intake, HyperDrive C1 Street Disk & PP, HyperDrive Lightweight Flywheel, 1g BOV, RRE UICP, Home Depot MBC, AEM UEGO WBO2, Brembo Slotted rotors, Akebono Ceramic Pads |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: palm pilot... need some advice
Isn't the second link for the serial cable the same one that comes with the pocket logger from pocketlogger.com? (hotsync)
I already found the pocket logger but just need to know which palm pilot models will work... I had seen many different types so i'm not sure which one.... How is this one... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...767497151&rd=1 With that one I would need to get the cable? .99cent (m105) serial cable?
__________________
"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs." -Ghengis Khan |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: palm pilot... need some advice
That one would be perfect. If you are looking for something color, you can go with the m130. You can normally pick those up for about $35. Anyway, your pocketlogger cable will have a plug on one end for the OBD-II port and at the other end it will have a serial adapter. You will need another cable to plug into the bottom of the palm that will connect to the serial end of the pocketlogger cable. When you get your palm, most likely, you will get a cradle. If you look at the picture of the one in your link you will see the cradle with the serial connection. You can use this instead of the cable that plugs into the bottom of the palm, but it is a pain in the ass. The palm always falls out and ends up on the seat/floor, etc. I just found it was easier to spend the $6 on another cable. That way you can mount it in the car (see the pic in my sig).
If what I said above is confusing let me know and I will try to clarify it.
__________________
![]() 1997 Spyder GS-T 5-Speed EVO III 16g, DSMLink, Walboro 190 lph Fuel Pump, FIC 650cc injectors, CoolingMist 150psi Methanol Injection, Greddy EVO 2 Cat Back, 2.5" Extreme DP, 2.5" Extreme Hi-Flow Cat, Injen intake, HyperDrive C1 Street Disk & PP, HyperDrive Lightweight Flywheel, 1g BOV, RRE UICP, Home Depot MBC, AEM UEGO WBO2, Brembo Slotted rotors, Akebono Ceramic Pads |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: palm pilot... need some advice
i got my m100 with the hotscync cable for 20 ofo ebay.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: palm pilot... need some advice
sweet guys... thanks.. I talked to mathews about it.. i'm all info-hooked up now... just waiting for funds....AND CAR.... C'MON JAKE GIT-R-DONE!! LMAO
__________________
"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs." -Ghengis Khan |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|