-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-12-2005, 01:59 PM
JustinV6_3.8lStang JustinV6_3.8lStang is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JustinV6_3.8lStang Send a message via MSN to JustinV6_3.8lStang Send a message via Yahoo to JustinV6_3.8lStang
2000 Mustang

Alright guys, Im new to this fourm and really dont know much about cars So I was wondering if you guys could help me out, Ive got a 2000 v6 3.8l mustang and was wondering how I should mod my car, I got a MAC cold air induction system and I see people say it doesnt add anything to the car (not saying I seen it here or anything) but when I installed it I felt a diff. It reved faster it seemed and also It has a cooler sound sounds kinda throaty. But anyways back to what I wanted to ask, since I got the cold air induction system I was wondering in what order should I go in getting things for my car so It doesnt hurt my engine? If you guys could help me out I would be very greatful, because In July 05 My friend and I will be seeing whos car is faster, He will be using an Acura RSX 2005 with some mods (not sure what) but I want to beat him. So Could you guys plz give me some ideas on what to do to my car in order so it doesnt get damaged or anything.
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2005, 12:01 AM
dampachi's Avatar
dampachi dampachi is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: 2000 Mustang

Park it on the side while you race him with a GT.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2005, 10:00 AM
JustinV6_3.8lStang JustinV6_3.8lStang is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JustinV6_3.8lStang Send a message via MSN to JustinV6_3.8lStang Send a message via Yahoo to JustinV6_3.8lStang
Re: 2000 Mustang

well once I want to pay for the insurance and pay for buying a new car I will.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 PM
dampachi's Avatar
dampachi dampachi is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: 2000 Mustang

Gotta pay to play. You can't go put a hundred bucks or so in your V6 and think you're going to beat everyone. If his RSX is a Type-S..stock vs stock you're done. and if he's got mods..you're also done. You'll need some serious mods to beat him.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
TheStang00's Avatar
TheStang00 TheStang00 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,958
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 Mustang

turbo, exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2005, 04:10 PM
JustinV6_3.8lStang JustinV6_3.8lStang is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JustinV6_3.8lStang Send a message via MSN to JustinV6_3.8lStang Send a message via Yahoo to JustinV6_3.8lStang
not a type S he doesnt know how 2 drive stick.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2005, 04:18 PM
TheStang00's Avatar
TheStang00 TheStang00 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,958
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 Mustang

you should get a turbo, an exhaust might be necessary if you do that so you dont have backpressure, and if you run a pretty high psi then youll have to replace your rearend with a 8.8" or a 9", and possibly the tranny to but that should last a while
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-2005, 01:55 PM
stang_00 stang_00 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to stang_00 Send a message via Yahoo to stang_00
Re: 2000 Mustang

well the rearend goes out before the tranny trust me... i just got an 8.8" with some 3.73's ... not installed yet tho i cant wait ill keep ya posed on what it runs
__________________
2000mustang v6 silver conv, bbk cold air intake, flowmaster side exhaust, stage 3 roush kit, ZEX 75-125hp wet shot, diamond clear corner headlights, carbon fiber euro's, 17" chrome bullit rims , 8.8" w/4.10's, bosch plugs and wires

2004black regular cab chevrolet silverado, 22' rims, 4.11gears, flowmaster exhaust, AEM cold air intake, throttle boddy spacer, diablo predator chip, 100 wet shot ZEX

2005 Yamaha R1 - result of gas prices... sold the 5.0 crate
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2005, 10:59 PM
silverstangs's Avatar
silverstangs silverstangs is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to silverstangs
Re: 2000 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinV6_3.8lStang
Alright guys, Im new to this fourm and really dont know much about cars So I was wondering if you guys could help me out, Ive got a 2000 v6 3.8l mustang and was wondering how I should mod my car, I got a MAC cold air induction system and I see people say it doesnt add anything to the car (not saying I seen it here or anything) but when I installed it I felt a diff. It reved faster it seemed and also It has a cooler sound sounds kinda throaty. But anyways back to what I wanted to ask, since I got the cold air induction system I was wondering in what order should I go in getting things for my car so It doesnt hurt my engine? If you guys could help me out I would be very greatful, because In July 05 My friend and I will be seeing whos car is faster, He will be using an Acura RSX 2005 with some mods (not sure what) but I want to beat him. So Could you guys plz give me some ideas on what to do to my car in order so it doesnt get damaged or anything.
Thanks again!




My list of bolt in or on stuff that worked for me.

1.73 or 1.8 Roller rockers.
Aluminum Flywheel (I used Spec)
Aluminum Drive Shaft
Lightened clutch. (I use Spec Stage 2 with Lightened clutch option for V6)
ASP underdrive pulley
phenolic Intake Spacer
Plasma Booster
JBA CAT4WARD Headers
MagnaFlow V6 Cat-back
Ported upper and lower intake.
C & L 73mm Mass Air Kit
180° Low-Temperature Thermostat
3.73 ring & pinion
Ford Track lock


I later on went to a 4.2L stroke..... big difference.......
__________________
My ride at my site Silverstangs.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts