|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Clutch Install
I'm planning to install a new clutch in my 98 GST by myself and I was just wondering if there are any other precautions that I need to know about before I get started. (????)
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clutch Install
Dont screw it up
Just read the vfaqs, read the manual, and cross your fingers. People have a tendency to break the speed sensor on the 2gs that comes up through the rear tranny mount. Understand the importance of getting the clutch step height correct. .610 for most clutches (ACT) but check with the manufacturer. Be sure the machine shop does it right if you want the clutch to work properly and last a long time. Dont damage the axle seals installing/removing the axles. Use cheap walmart fluid at first in case you did bollix those seals. Nothing like tossing 40 dollars worth of tranny fluid to change a 5 dollar seal. Buy NEW flywheel bolts, 15 dollars well spent, trust me. USe medium locktite and torque properly (~90 ft-lbs). That should do it for the common stuff. There are 10,000 other ways to pork it, good luck.
__________________
Kevin Jewer RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180 Mightymax - 10.7 at 125 |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Clutch Install
Quote:
How the hell do you pork something? ![]() Anyways, I think the best idea is to try and find a local DSMer that has done this before and get them to help you do it. This is exactly what I will be doing when I get my clutch - but lord knows when that will be Good luck
__________________
![]() 95 GSX DSMlink, "50 Trim", and track times coming VERY SOON!
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clutch Install
A coworker of mine keeps telling me that pork is not a verb. I dissagree.
__________________
Kevin Jewer RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180 Mightymax - 10.7 at 125 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Clutch Install
damn looks like i need to hurry up and finish my next writeup on transmission removal/clutch installation....i'll try and get it done asap...i've been pretty busy lately
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Clutch Install
Quote:
I havent called the dealer on it, but how much are they?
__________________
-1997 Eclipse Spyder GST |Stock| -1990 Eclipse GSX |ACL Main & Rod Race Bearings|Balance Shafts Removed|ARP Head Studs|Cometic HG|FP 20g TDO6H|EPROM Chipped (stutter box 5k, fuel comp.)|PTE 680cc inj.|Walbro 255 HP Fuel Pump|Autoteq FPR|SAFC 2|FMIC|2g MAF|Dejon Tool Hard Pipe|Greddy Type S|MBC at 17PSI|Ported 2g Exhaust Manifold|02 Housing w/ Tial 38mm WG|Full 3inch Exhaust w/ Y-pipe Cutout|Fidanza Flywheel|ACT 2100|4 Bolt LSD Rear|Poly Mounts|KYB AGX Suspension|Roll Bar| |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clutch Install
I just bought one. It was 50-60 bucks. Turns out that is only the plastic housing. The gear will be in monday, didnt ask what the price was.
__________________
Kevin Jewer RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180 Mightymax - 10.7 at 125 |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|