-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-28-2005, 05:05 AM
ProjectPhantom's Avatar
ProjectPhantom ProjectPhantom is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 243
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
problems with vtecH

recently i cant rev high anymore dont know what the problems need to ask ya guys before i need a mechanic... when i rev to abbout 6-7k it starts chokeing and it jerks really hard ask if i were downshifting from 5th to 2nd and the pull of the vtec doesnt seem as strong anymore.....=( any help would be appreciated. (i think it was also after new clutch)
__________________
  #2  
Old 03-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Gohan Ryu Gohan Ryu is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Re: problems with vtecH

Does it sound like the rev limiter? Throwing any codes?
  #3  
Old 03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
ProjectPhantom's Avatar
ProjectPhantom ProjectPhantom is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 243
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: problems with vtecH

i have the check engine light but its just a little carbon build up. ive hit redline couple times before with no problems at all. where does the rev limiter hit on a 5th gen?
__________________
  #4  
Old 03-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Gohan Ryu Gohan Ryu is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Re: problems with vtecH

Rev limiter should hit around ~7500 rpm. See what kind of code your ECU is throwing, that will at least start you in the right direction.
  #5  
Old 03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
click-here click-here is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: problems with vtecH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan Ryu
Rev limiter should hit around ~7500 rpm. See what kind of code your ECU is throwing, that will at least start you in the right direction.
your stupid comments is giving him the wrong direction.
the dude said: "recently i cant rev high anymore dont know what the problems need to ask ya guys before i need a mechanic... when i rev to abbout 6-7k it starts chokeing and it jerks really hard ask if i were downshifting from 5th to 2nd and the pull of the vtec doesnt seem as strong anymore....."
that means the dude did some stupid shit by downshifting from 5th to 2nd at high speed... screwed up his valve timing..fag
  #6  
Old 03-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Gohan Ryu Gohan Ryu is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: problems with vtecH

Quote:
Originally Posted by click-here
your stupid comments is giving him the wrong direction.
the dude said: "recently i cant rev high anymore dont know what the problems need to ask ya guys before i need a mechanic... when i rev to abbout 6-7k it starts chokeing and it jerks really hard ask if i were downshifting from 5th to 2nd and the pull of the vtec doesnt seem as strong anymore....."
that means the dude did some stupid shit by downshifting from 5th to 2nd at high speed... screwed up his valve timing..fag
Oh, you sound really smart. Try reading his post again, he didn't say he downshifted from 5th to 2nd, he said "as if I downshifted...". You can't really assume anything on the limited information he gave, and I was trying to help him extract more clues to the problem. Are you just going to ignore his CEL? Keep banging your head, maybe you'll knock some intelligence into it.

I'm sorry you show such an interest in me, but I'm not a fag. That's just not my thing. Don't be disappointed, you'll find a nice man somewhere.
  #7  
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 PM
prude prude is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: problems with vtecH

oh oh..here we go .....gay people making love in this forum again and theyre calling each other.. fags. you both need to go to gay forum next door.


to the thread owner, we need more info as to what happened before the rev limiting problem.
  #8  
Old 03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
whtteg's Avatar
whtteg whtteg is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,974
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Re: problems with vtecH

Bye bye this is what the 10'th username now? I will keep banning you everytime you sign up so bye bye.
__________________
  #9  
Old 03-29-2005, 11:22 PM
comunity comunity is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: problems with vtecH

hope you wont get banned like the other modertors..

anyway..just wondering what is the problem with the vtech thing..
  #10  
Old 03-30-2005, 01:16 PM
SpyderRiko SpyderRiko is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the same problem with my 97 SH. the problem isnt consistent...most of the time the vtech is fine. But it did sputter this morning when I hit 6K on the tach in 3rd gear, and after that sputter my vtech had no punch.
I do know that when you lose the boost it is ususally an oil pressure problem...or lack of!......a year ago I had an stripped bolt on my oil pan which was leaking oil. I had no vtech boost.
But the sputtering before I hit the rev limiter happens every now and then and I dont know why.
  #11  
Old 03-30-2005, 04:24 PM
whtteg's Avatar
whtteg whtteg is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,974
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Re: Re: Re: problems with vtecH

Quote:
Originally Posted by comunity
hope you wont get banned like the other modertors..

anyway..just wondering what is the problem with the vtech thing..
You just don't want to give up huh? Bye
__________________
  #12  
Old 03-30-2005, 05:05 PM
SpyderRiko SpyderRiko is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: problems with vtecH

I assume the since I just signed up and posted my first reply you think Im the the guy that likes jaw'in,
My intentions are sincere. I have the same problems with my prelude as in the original thread and would like know how to fix it. nothing more.
  #13  
Old 03-30-2005, 05:14 PM
whtteg's Avatar
whtteg whtteg is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,974
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Re: Re: problems with vtecH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderRiko
I assume the since I just signed up and posted my first reply you think Im the the guy that likes jaw'in,
My intentions are sincere. I have the same problems with my prelude as in the original thread and would like know how to fix it. nothing more.
I know that you are not him, I have IP search feature
__________________
  #14  
Old 03-31-2005, 09:30 AM
240SXLude 240SXLude is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: problems with vtecH

I had somewut of the same problem and it was my distributor.
  #15  
Old 03-31-2005, 07:40 PM
inorderto inorderto is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: problems with vtecH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXLude
I had somewut of the same problem and it was my distributor.

Youre in the wrong thread..This thread is for banning people only...
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Prelude


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts