-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-16-2005, 01:30 PM
yakky yakky is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Rats!

My tahoe now lives at Auto Zone!!! Is there anyone with the same problem? Tahoe runs fine, drove it 400+miles on Monday,no problems..good gas mileage..., Tuesday, drove it to town and got to leave it there. Won't start. Almost reminds me of when my first car, 68 chevy, would flood. Acts like the choke is stuck????Did this once before, started the next day, replaced the fuel filter. Of course, I am a woman without a clue, but in need of help.!!!! Don't want to replace everything from the fuel pump to the ignition or be "talked" in to it by mechanic. Your help would be VERY appreciated! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2005, 11:13 PM
andjh123 andjh123 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to andjh123
Did it happen to be raining on these days or go through the carwash?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-17-2005, 04:16 AM
MIGHTY WHITE MIGHTY WHITE is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Rats!

Happened to me some time ago, finally had it towed to dealer, my plates in my battery were bad. New batt. solved problem. While your at A-Zone, ask them to test your electrical system so you can have a idea what's going on.
__________________
DISCO SK8'S...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-17-2005, 07:05 AM
ZR800's Avatar
ZR800 ZR800 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ZR800
Re: Rats!

Do you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key to the on position but not turn over the engine? If not, have someone bang on your gas tank while you turn it over.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-17-2005, 07:18 AM
yakky yakky is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Rats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjh123
Did it happen to be raining on these days or go through the carwash?
No, WEst texas, very little rain here lately,lol. Thanks anyway....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-17-2005, 10:34 AM
andjh123 andjh123 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to andjh123
Re: Re: Rats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky
No, WEst texas, very little rain here lately,lol. Thanks anyway....
Oh really? I used to live about 15 miles outside of Abilene, closer to Tuscola or Buffalo Gap if you've heard of these. And I'm forever wishing for the dry climate down there now that I'm up north...in between the humidity, rain, snow and road salt, I've seriously (not exaggerating) seen more rust grow on my vehicle in the last 2 months than the first 5 years it spent in TX before I finally drove it up here.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-17-2005, 11:51 AM
yakky yakky is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjh123
Oh really? I used to live about 15 miles outside of Abilene, closer to Tuscola or Buffalo Gap if you've heard of these. And I'm forever wishing for the dry climate down there now that I'm up north...in between the humidity, rain, snow and road salt, I've seriously (not exaggerating) seen more rust grow on my vehicle in the last 2 months than the first 5 years it spent in TX before I finally drove it up here.
EWWWW...would rather have it dry than rusty!!!Yes, Abilene is quite close. Well, the tahoe is in need of a fuel pump, or so mechanic says. It will start if you bump tank hard. But won't restart if you shut it off unless you "bump" it again. Oh well.... another day another 500.00???? Thanks for the help to all replies!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-19-2005, 07:16 PM
budone budone is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 2002 had the same problem. It began a year ago. Would run great then when I went to start the next time, it would just crank.

I noticed it would occur if gauge read a 1/4 or less. I would add gas and it would start again.

For me I just learned to keep the tank above a 1/4 of a tank.

Just got rid of my Tahoe yesterday with 131000 miles on it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-19-2005, 09:55 PM
yakky yakky is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Rats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budone
My 2002 had the same problem. It began a year ago. Would run great then when I went to start the next time, it would just crank.

I noticed it would occur if gauge read a 1/4 or less. I would add gas and it would start again.

For me I just learned to keep the tank above a 1/4 of a tank.

Just got rid of my Tahoe yesterday with 131000 miles on it.

It's running again, was definitely the fuel pump, it now makes a whirrr noise,lol. Thanks so much for the info. Unfortunately the tank was nearly full, hubby got a nasty swig...He changed it out, if anyone needs one, go to O'Reilly. Auto zone quoted a price of $328, O'Reilly sold us one with a lifetime warr. for $200!!! Thanks again!!!!! Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts