-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-20-2005, 09:36 PM
MikeMan MikeMan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Electric water pump

Has anyone found an electric water pump for the VG30DE(TT)? I've checked all the sites in the zed resources sticky, but I cant seem to find any.

-Mike
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Zgringo Zgringo is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,694
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mike I use one that's universal (Morosso) and had to do a tiny bit of modding to make it work.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Hodo Hodo is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Electric water pump

I am wandering about electric fan replacement kits, any suggestions? I might do that too while I am taking care of my timeing belt and underdrive pully.
__________________
Finaly got pics of my car....... after I washed it of course.


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-21-2005, 01:52 PM
k3smostwanted's Avatar
k3smostwanted k3smostwanted is offline
Z Cars Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,739
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
hodo, check out http://www.amzperformance.com/
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-21-2005, 03:23 PM
freakonaleash1187's Avatar
freakonaleash1187 freakonaleash1187 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,567
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187
Re: Electric water pump

i don't know about the electric water pump, but mitch (amz owner) told me that you could go to autozone and buy an electric fan that would work. they are universal.

-Jared
__________________


ZedEx Crew Member #2
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-21-2005, 05:24 PM
k3smostwanted's Avatar
k3smostwanted k3smostwanted is offline
Z Cars Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,739
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Electric water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonaleash1187
i don't know about the electric water pump, but mitch (amz owner) told me that you could go to autozone and buy an electric fan that would work. they are universal.

-Jared
as long as they move enough air...the ones at my auto parts store do not move half as much air as i need.
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-21-2005, 06:56 PM
MikeMan MikeMan is offline
Banned
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Re: Electric water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgringo
Mike I use one that's universal (Morosso) and had to do a tiny bit of modding to make it work.
I need to replace my water pump, so I thought I might as well 'upgrade' while I was there. Would you consider it being worth the money to get an electric water pump and mod it to fit my engine? I have another standard water pump from my seized vg30de right here that I can put in.

-Mike
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Zgringo Zgringo is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,694
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Electric water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
I need to replace my water pump, so I thought I might as well 'upgrade' while I was there. Would you consider it being worth the money to get an electric water pump and mod it to fit my engine? I have another standard water pump from my seized vg30de right here that I can put in.

-Mike
Mike I use 2 electric fans and a elec. waterpump, and I know for a fact you'll gain alot of power going this way rather than engine driven. It takes alot of power to drive a pump and turn a fan.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts