|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Help car hesitates
i was driving my car when i notice that everytime i start from a dead start my car hesitated a litle bit. I started checking to see what the car did when i rapidly pressed the gas pedal and let it go. The car at idle is about 1000 rmp but when i did that the car hesitated and dropped almost to 500 rpm. Once the car even shut down on me when i was waiting on a red light. I didn;t notice any hesitasion at higher rpms atleast for now. Any help will be gladly apriciated since im trying to see if i start checking on the hoses tomorrow to see if i have any leaks. another thing i know is that the car seams like the PCV valves have never been changed before. helppppppppp
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Help car hesitates
check all hoses lines and electrical connections, and for the PCV valves, i just changed mine 2 days ago so check the thread entitled PCV valves
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Help car hesitates
where can i buy the pcv set cheap anyone who has done or know about this change please help,
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
that could be quite a few different problems.
fuel injectors, sprak plugs, MAF, TPS sensor.i would check out the TPS sensor connection and maybe replace that because your car should only be idling at 700 RPMS...
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #4
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Help car hesitates
I would look more at your PCV and your AACV, or IAC as its called by the rest of the world. Mine is dieing and I am idling around 1300RPM out of gear, and around 900 in gear. I need to change both, or at least clean the IAC and replace the PCV. I will do it in a month when I get my timeing belt kit w/ underdrive pully. That way while I am there in the shop I can replace and fix a few other things.
__________________
Finaly got pics of my car....... after I washed it of course. ![]()
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Help car hesitates
Quote:
i noticed that sometimes when my car is idling lower than it studders...but that is because sometimes my car idles really high so i have idle controls set way down, so when i get a normal idle it is really low. if that makes any sense...
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #4
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Help car hesitates
my car idle almost at 5-600 with the gear. and without the gear most of the time is at 1000 but also some time is a litle bit lower like about 7-800. the thing is that from a dead start it hesitates a litle and even once shut down. after the start it feels normoal.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Help car hesitates
k3smostwanted i mnot sure but it seems like the PCV valves that my car has are the original one that it came with. Thats one of the mayor reason why i will like to change them. One thing i notice today while checking the hoses of the PCv was that when i take the hose out of the valve and i close it with my fingers the car kinda idles better. the engine sounds smoother when i close the hose that connects to the pcv. Is that a sign that my PCV need to be replace? I dont know oo much about cars but i did notice a change in the way the engine sound when i did that and it did soud more stable.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Help car hesitates
it could be stuck open. If it were stuck closed you would have blown your dipstick out of the oil pan. kinda funny when it happens to someone else but sucks when it happens to you. But either case yea its about time to replace it. I think through courtesy Nissan its only like 14 bucks. so thats not to bad.
__________________
Finaly got pics of my car....... after I washed it of course. ![]()
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|