|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
'99 Suspension Problems...
Okay guys...just recently, my girlfriend has been telling me about our Camry shaking side to side a lot during interstate driving and such. (At speeds over 75 mph.) I just drove the car tonight, and it has been extremely windy today, and I noticed the problem, but it wasn't quite as severe. It seems to be considerably worse when the wind picks up. I haven't really had that much time to get around to pulling it into the garage to check out the suspension and stuff with the cold weather, her using the car for work a lot, and being extremely busy when the car is home. So what does everyone think this could be, and what should I check for when I do get the chance to take it in the shop?
__________________
1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT - 3100 V6 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro - 3100 V6 1997 Ford Escort - 2.0 I4 "She only squeals when she's wet..." |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: '99 Suspension Problems...
Alignment is my best guess, then tire pressure (tire pressure is cheaper though)
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: '99 Suspension Problems...
Another thing... it could be a ball bearing. VERY expensive.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: '99 Suspension Problems...
Well, I forgot to mention that I had just had it re-aligned not too long ago. (about a week) Bearings sound like a possibility and also I discovered that both front balljoints are damaged.
__________________
1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT - 3100 V6 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro - 3100 V6 1997 Ford Escort - 2.0 I4 "She only squeals when she's wet..." |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
It is probably the ball joints as well as warped rotors. I have warped rotors but not to that point. It is probably the ball joints being the major factor.
__________________
Evan Support your local volunteer fire department =============== My Rides: 2003 Ford F-350 Long Horn Hauler Others: 1999 Toyota Camry LE V6-Dad 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71-Sister 2004 Toyota Camry LE V6-Mom |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: '99 Suspension Problems...
I figure it's the ball joints...I just had the rotors turned because they were pretty screwed up.
__________________
1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT - 3100 V6 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro - 3100 V6 1997 Ford Escort - 2.0 I4 "She only squeals when she's wet..." |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: '99 Suspension Problems...
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: '99 Suspension Problems...
I've been able to eliminate tires as a cause of the problem. We had the tires replaced a few months ago, and they're in perfect condition.
__________________
1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT - 3100 V6 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro - 3100 V6 1997 Ford Escort - 2.0 I4 "She only squeals when she's wet..." |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|