|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
delorean
I heard that john delorean desighned the third gen firebird.Is this true?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: delorean
John had always had a desgin say on what the Firebird would look like and have in it since the First Gen/Car- http://www.classicalpontiac.com/firebird/ .Although alot of what the Firebird design adjustaments where done in studio's actually alot of critics pointed out how the 3rd Gen Firebird and C4 Vette looked very simliar and were both created prototype's in the same design studio.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart. Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear) |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Is John D. still in the automobile buisness?
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: delorean
Well, all I can say is I was VERY disappointed when I drove a Delorean...
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Why, whats wrong with them
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: delorean
Well, they are very cool...LOOKING...But...
Slower then a 93 Geo Metro...or there abouts ![]() It was quite a let down when I got behind the wheel of one.... |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: delorean
John Z. (bow towards Oakland County, Michigan) is retired. He must be near 80 by now. He did indeed, have his hand in everything at GM, right up to the end of his career there.
The car he built was so slow because GM refused to sell him engines. He had to settle for the Renault and Volvo. It was still an engineering marvel, and nobody has EVER seen one rusted out... |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
THEY SHOULD have used a trans am in back 2 the future
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: delorean
the trans am wasnt that futuristic looking.. they pry only used the delorean because of the gull wing doors..
__________________
![]() "doing that is like trying to sell porn to a 6 year old..... It's just wrong" - hypsi87 LE123456712: i promise i will stop filling your email with my boobs Kieft125: lol.. good, its starting to get rediculous.. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
they could have customized the trans am doors.Or maybe they did not use it because knightrider was out at the time.
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
What kind of engine would have come in the delorean if John and GMC struck a deal?
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: delorean
im gonna venture a guess and say probably the 2.8L multiport...
__________________
![]() "doing that is like trying to sell porn to a 6 year old..... It's just wrong" - hypsi87 LE123456712: i promise i will stop filling your email with my boobs Kieft125: lol.. good, its starting to get rediculous.. |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Can a 350 be dropped into a delorean?I think I have seen a delorean with 2 engines somewhere out there on the net.
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: delorean
i bet it could be done.. just would be expensive for someone like me..
__________________
![]() "doing that is like trying to sell porn to a 6 year old..... It's just wrong" - hypsi87 LE123456712: i promise i will stop filling your email with my boobs Kieft125: lol.. good, its starting to get rediculous.. |
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: delorean
I have heard they have Turbo kits for their engines available...But a 2.8 GM V6 would have also been a dog in that fairly heavy car...
John D did always have a certain flair about him though...Cool car dude! |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|