-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-25-2004, 06:09 PM
cuda_dude cuda_dude is offline
Will Whore For Car Parts
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,922
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cuda_dude
code #32

I finaly got the codes out of my 95 camaro and a #32 EGR System Fault came up. What would be causing that?
__________________

1995 Camaro - Z28 - M6 - Hardtop
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Classic
-R.I.P. Andy (Hypsi)-
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2004, 01:01 AM
DaMoNe6969's Avatar
DaMoNe6969 DaMoNe6969 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: code #32

Could be a bad EGR solonoid, or sticking EGR valve.. They get plugged up with carbon..

Also check over the vacuum lines and electrical connections for the EGR
__________________
1991 Camaro Z28
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2004, 01:13 AM
cuda_dude cuda_dude is offline
Will Whore For Car Parts
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,922
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cuda_dude
Re: code #32

i dont know if this means anything but everytime the service engine light comes up the fans kick on and they kick on high
__________________

1995 Camaro - Z28 - M6 - Hardtop
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Classic
-R.I.P. Andy (Hypsi)-
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Chevyracincamaro's Avatar
Chevyracincamaro Chevyracincamaro is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,262
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: code #32

the fans kick on? never heard of that one before...
__________________


*Better power-to-weight ratio than a C6 corvette*
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-26-2004, 02:13 PM
DaMoNe6969's Avatar
DaMoNe6969 DaMoNe6969 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: code #32

*just a theory*

The EGR system actually helps you engine run cooler.. The warmer your engine is, the more the valve lets through... If the EGR vavle is sticking and the exhaust gases arent being re-burnt, Combustion tempature rises dramatically.. Your ECM might notice this and turn the fans on????
__________________
1991 Camaro Z28
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Chevyracincamaro's Avatar
Chevyracincamaro Chevyracincamaro is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,262
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: code #32

works for me...
__________________


*Better power-to-weight ratio than a C6 corvette*
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-26-2004, 02:21 PM
DaMoNe6969's Avatar
DaMoNe6969 DaMoNe6969 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: code #32

than its agreed then
__________________
1991 Camaro Z28
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2004, 03:38 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: code #32

The fans are meant to kick on whenever the check engine light clocks on. It doesn't matter what code it is they always click on and its not a sticking EGR cause the light will only be triggered from the Solenoid not the Valve itself. If I where you I would just buy some block off plates off of ebay and scrap the EGR all together ,I have a extra EGR solenoid sitting around if you would like it.
John
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2004, 07:58 PM
89IROC&RS's Avatar
89IROC&RS 89IROC&RS is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: code #32

actually, the newer vehicles valve and solenoid are one and the same. if a chunk of carbon gets stuck in the valve, the solenoid dosnt respond to the command, and the PCM see's this and sets the code. i would take it off, its only two bolts, and check it for carbon. if it is full of carbon chunks, then with it still off, start the engine and let it run and rev it up once or twice to blow the rest of the carbon chunks out of the EGR track. then bolt it back together.
__________________


Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2004, 08:01 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: code #32

Have you seen the solenoid to LT1's? They are not even linked except for a small vacuum hose. I would think it was a wiring problem before a carbon clogged Valve but who's knows never had the problem myself but I do have the solenoid hooked up and no valve on my car and it never set a code for me even though there is nothing to open or close.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-27-2004, 03:55 PM
cuda_dude cuda_dude is offline
Will Whore For Car Parts
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,922
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cuda_dude
Re: code #32

so my best bet would be to take off the valve and check it for carbon? or should i throw another solenoid on it too?
__________________

1995 Camaro - Z28 - M6 - Hardtop
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Classic
-R.I.P. Andy (Hypsi)-
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-27-2004, 04:05 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: code #32

Do you know anyone else with a 92-97 LT1? Because I would like to see you just swap solenoids for a sec to see if the code goes away but if you don't know anyone the problem is the EGR Valve is a pain in the ass to get to with the intake in place on the engine as it located directly between the intake and the fire wall. I would just scrap the EGR if it where me and buy a new solenoid because no matter which one it is that would make the code go away. But I would make sure you don't have a broken wire before you do anything
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-27-2004, 06:27 PM
cuda_dude cuda_dude is offline
Will Whore For Car Parts
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,922
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cuda_dude
Re: code #32

So the egr valve has no real purpose then? no i dont have any friends with a 92-97 lt1....(since anyone i've ever met that had one i've smoked )....how much do you want for that solenoid FormulaLT1?
__________________

1995 Camaro - Z28 - M6 - Hardtop
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Classic
-R.I.P. Andy (Hypsi)-
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-27-2004, 06:31 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: code #32

It does have a purpose. It send exhaust small amounts of exhaust gases into the intake to lower emisions when triggered by the solenoid but it serve's no major purpose you will operate basically exactly the same but are less likely to have a intake leak.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-27-2004, 06:33 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: code #32

Also send me a PM with your address and I will drop it in the mail. I don't need it and it's small enough to fit in a envelope.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts