|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi everybody, new to the forum. I have a 98 Escort Lx and was changing my wheels, I have standard 15" wheels but was wondering what is the hbiggest wheels i can put on without fiddling with the suspension? also does it matter what kind of nuts you use aslong as they fit? thanks for the help.
Chris |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Wheel changes
well find out what tire size you have, not just the rim, its on the side of the tire. it'll be like 175/60 15. then you can figure out what size rim and tire you will need to not screw up your speedometer.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi my tyre sizes are 185/60 r14 82h, these are standard 15" wheels that I had on before. I put them on and used nuts that you use for alloys, does this matter or should i stick with the standard nuts that where on the wheel before hand?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Wheel changes
well if it said r14 then your rim size is 14 not 15.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Wheel changes
r = rim : 14 = 14 inches : rim-14 inches...
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I put on my old wheels and tightened up the bolts really hard, but when i'm driving it feels a wee bit unstable, i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? or is it just me being paranoid becuase of changing my wheels. thanks
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|