-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-13-2004, 12:33 AM
smb smb is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To all Filipino modelers here

Hi guys, I'm here from Manila and I was just wondering if I have any kababayans here in this forum

Anyway, do any of you guys know any Pinoy based scale modeling website? I was also wondering if a local store here is selling any after market tamiya detail sets like etched parts or decals.

Thanks and hope to hear from all of you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2004, 02:22 AM
skypie's Avatar
skypie skypie is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to skypie
Re: To all Filipino modelers here

1st : Pre! Welcome!
2nd : Wla akong alam na webs eh, tunkol naman dun sa Detail Sets i think you have to order them...
There are other phil members here... maybe you can ask them to buy for you...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2004, 03:05 AM
jomz's Avatar
jomz jomz is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 78
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
smb

welcome to the forums dre! crismag and me are part of the local IPMS club.

Check out the website for more details: http://ipmsphilippines.com/

As far as I know, wala talagang local stores which are able to sell PE parts or AM parts for cars, puro AM and PE parts lang for tanks, aircraft, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2004, 03:43 AM
skypie's Avatar
skypie skypie is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to skypie
Re: To all Filipino modelers here

oh yeah... i forgot abt that site... (" ^_^)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2004, 08:51 AM
dyowelb dyowelb is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: To all Filipino modelers here

welcome smb... goodluck on your hunting. when you come across such site let us know.

salamat,
d
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Porsche Carrera Porsche Carrera is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 771
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Porsche Carrera
Hello & Welcome fellow Filipino!!!

Cheers!
Lex
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-14-2004, 09:48 PM
smb smb is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi guys First of all, I'm relieved to see some kababayans here in the forum. I was wondering if any of you use the Pylox spray paints on your car models. How is it? Are you able to get a showroom shine with them. What locally available rubbing compound and wax do you use?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-15-2004, 03:05 AM
jomz's Avatar
jomz jomz is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 78
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: To all Filipino modelers here

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb
Hi guys First of all, I'm relieved to see some kababayans here in the forum. I was wondering if any of you use the Pylox spray paints on your car models. How is it? Are you able to get a showroom shine with them. What locally available rubbing compound and wax do you use?
Hey SMB!

I've tried using the pylox cans, in fact I do, but only when painting some interior parts (seats with flat black, etc.) basically anything which'll probably need a significant amount of paint. I don't recommend using it on the body of the car, though, as Pylox gets on a bit too thick in my experience of using it. Then again, maybe it's just me! Hehe!

I still use Tamiya Rattle Cans together with Tamiya Modelling Wax + Tamiya Rubbing Compound. Works well for me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-21-2004, 12:52 AM
skypie's Avatar
skypie skypie is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to skypie
Re: To all Filipino modelers here

Question... Anyone here care to help me?
I'm trying to buy 2 Skyline R34 VSpec II Kits by tamiya but its been 3 months and i cant find any.
I cant buy online cuz i dont have a credit card... can sum1 help me? yung ave price. ty
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-21-2004, 03:06 AM
WeaPoN [X]'s Avatar
WeaPoN [X] WeaPoN [X] is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 414
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: To all Filipino modelers here

another filipino just checking in...
I understand but can barely speak tagalog. Born in Manila, came to LA, CA when I was 2 and haven't returned.....yet.

JeFF
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-21-2004, 06:04 AM
bri g bri g is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 350
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: To all Filipino modelers here

fellow Philippine modeler here based in Manila. SMB, I wouldn't use Pylox for the body as well since it goes on quite thick. I personally use an airbrush and dupont automotive acrylic paint, works really well.

For decals, Try Lil's at Park Square 1 in makati. They have a few tamiya race car decals for around PHP 300 a set
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts