-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-06-2004, 06:01 PM
ol' dude's Avatar
ol' dude ol' dude is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Well I am at a stoping point w/ the Saleen! When I get my paint, I will finish it. So today I was looking through the new issue of Ol' skool rodz and had a brainstorm!!! I will be using the Revell '32 Ford Highboy street rod kit for the body and frame. The Revell '32 Ford Amigo pack will donate the front axle, the rear end and the steelies in the pics. Everything else will come from where ever! Thats what a rat is all about!! No color yet, primer, rust, puke yellow, crap green, I have not decided!! Here are some pics!!!











Feedback/comments are welcome!! Thanks, Dennis (Ol' Dude)
__________________
BUILD TO SATISFY YOURSELF AND NO ONE ELSE!

Click to view ACME's website
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Eric Cole's Avatar
Eric Cole Eric Cole is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,159
Thanks: 8
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Looks like a great build getting started....

Man..., You must be trying to set a record this month.... lol... keep up the good work. I like seeing your builds.
__________________
Eric Cole


Other Model Pictures Here:
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/justdande/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Dude lookin good...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2004, 08:02 PM
86_SR5's Avatar
86_SR5 86_SR5 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Kool! How about doing it real old school, flat black, and the like to pay a little tribute to Indian Larry... R.I.P.
__________________
RIP Indian Larry RIP
April 28th, 1949 - August 30th 2004
IN GOD WE TRUST
VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2004, 08:56 PM
stisnan's Avatar
stisnan stisnan is offline
Dinan
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to stisnan
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Gonna keep an eye on this thread!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2004, 08:59 PM
mike@af's Avatar
mike@af mike@af is offline
Captain Over Engineer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,711
Thanks: 27
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Dennis, just a thought, but why dont you replicate your sig?
__________________
-Mike
AF Director of Media / Photographer

[email protected] | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2004, 12:52 AM
blubaja's Avatar
blubaja blubaja is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,660
Thanks: 63
Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blubaja Send a message via MSN to blubaja Send a message via Yahoo to blubaja
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Hey,
Sounds like this will be awsum! Where did the steelies and white walls come from?
Frank X.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2004, 03:06 AM
cwmax cwmax is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all, I followed Mike over here from the diecast forum. . Actually been admiring some of the fine builds here for some time. This 32 Rat project promted a reply. Another Hot Rod fan here, Can't wait to see this come together.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 AM
tonioseven's Avatar
tonioseven tonioseven is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 363
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Pretty danged cool!! Throw a 392 Hemi in it!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-07-2004, 11:11 AM
willimo willimo is offline
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,723
Thanks: 50
Thanked 89 Times in 65 Posts
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Or leave out the motor entirely and say you're waiting for your next paycheck. This is gonna be great - are you gonna have it sit that low? The white walls and the steelies are perfect!
__________________
It ain't cool 'till your wife hates it.
Imagine a world without Alabama

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Andy Jones's Avatar
Andy Jones Andy Jones is offline
I build what I build
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I love Channelled 32's - look forward to seeing more
Cheers
Andy
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-07-2004, 07:36 PM
CADguy's Avatar
CADguy CADguy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

This looks to be a promising Rat Rod..

I can't wait to see how many kits you end up stealing parts from..
__________________
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-07-2004, 07:46 PM
ol' dude's Avatar
ol' dude ol' dude is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmike400
Dennis, just a thought, but why dont you replicate your sig?
The truck in my sig is '38 Ford, the only thing close is a '37 Ford. Yeah that truck is bad azz!!!!!! Maybe if I run across another '37, I'll build it!!
__________________
BUILD TO SATISFY YOURSELF AND NO ONE ELSE!

Click to view ACME's website
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-07-2004, 07:49 PM
ol' dude's Avatar
ol' dude ol' dude is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,252
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADguy
This looks to be a promising Rat Rod..

I can't wait to see how many kits you end up stealing parts from..
What are you talking about Matt? I already have 3 kits tied up in this one so far!! That's what makes it a rat- all sorts of cars in one!! I still have to locate an engine. Thanks for the comments guys, I got a rat to build!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
BUILD TO SATISFY YOURSELF AND NO ONE ELSE!

Click to view ACME's website
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-07-2004, 08:04 PM
mike@af's Avatar
mike@af mike@af is offline
Captain Over Engineer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,711
Thanks: 27
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af
Re: Re: Re: Progress:'32 Ford (Rat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol' dude
The truck in my sig is '38 Ford, the only thing close is a '37 Ford. Yeah that truck is bad azz!!!!!! Maybe if I run across another '37, I'll build it!!
Its a very odd '38.

Anyway, I'm also looking for another '37 or two. If I run across one I might be able to bring it to an ACME meeting.
__________________
-Mike
AF Director of Media / Photographer

[email protected] | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts