-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-06-2004, 02:10 AM
YZ125rider21's Avatar
YZ125rider21 YZ125rider21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YZ125rider21 Send a message via Yahoo to YZ125rider21
help with redline and mph

hey i been looking for a post on here but cant find it...so i guess i just post this thread was trying to find each mph roughly on a stock d16a6....wanted to know each gear to shift at in mph form...wanna make sure my car running right...hope you understand this sorry sounds wierd...
__________________
90 Honda CRX Si
-Red/Black
-B20B/b16
-AEM CAI -/\- Apexi GT Header/2¼" Custom Dynomax Exhaust
-Tein SS CoilOvers with pillow ball monuts -/\- ST Swaybars/Energy Suspension Bushings
-16x7 Lightweight Rotas -/\- Pro Stop Rotors -/\- Goodridge S.S. Brake Lines
-Skunk2 Shifter -/\- MoMo Steering Wheel
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2004, 09:48 AM
turtlecrxsi's Avatar
turtlecrxsi turtlecrxsi is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,061
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to turtlecrxsi
Re: help with redline and mph

I don't know if this applies cuz I got pulleys and lightweight flywheel but on my d16 I've always shifted normal driving at around 4k rpm or a little less in higher gears (si gearing is rather short in 3-4) so it would be like 20mph-2nd, 35-40mph-3rd, 45-50mph-4th and 55-60mph-5th. Since you have I/H/E too try it out. Recently, after getting my motor running straight I've had the pleasure of taking 3rd to 80mph at 6500rpms... yippeee!

Oh, and as far as redline, there are too many variables to be able to make a ratio to mph so I can't really help you, but let's say 1st~30, 2nd~50+, 3rd~80, 4th~illegal, 5th~????
__________________
2008 KIA Spectra5 SX
2010 Honda CR-V EX

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Hybrid1990crx's Avatar
Hybrid1990crx Hybrid1990crx is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,215
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Hybrid1990crx
Re: help with redline and mph

i've redlined every gear but 5th in my Si. I'd say in fourth, since I haven't done it for awhile, you can do about 100 maybe a bit more. Im not sure since I haven't driven a 4th gen in over two weeks
__________________
Saturn Stealership Technician #331
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2004, 04:14 PM
TheSilentChamber's Avatar
TheSilentChamber TheSilentChamber is offline
Forunn Daberator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,593
Thanks: 363
Thanked 364 Times in 309 Posts
Re: help with redline and mph

I'v did 95 in 3rd in my dx, it started stumbling, think the fuel pump shut off or rev limiter kicked in.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2004, 07:25 PM
YZ125rider21's Avatar
YZ125rider21 YZ125rider21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YZ125rider21 Send a message via Yahoo to YZ125rider21
Just in case anyone else is interested in this info. Here's the 6800rpm shift points for the D16a6/Si Tranny:

1st - 32mph
2nd - 56mph
3rd - 83mph
4th - 112mph
5th - 135mph

Since there's no 6th gear, 135mph is around the MAX speed you'll wanna go in a D16a6/Si tranny, with 195/50 15's.
__________________
90 Honda CRX Si
-Red/Black
-B20B/b16
-AEM CAI -/\- Apexi GT Header/2¼" Custom Dynomax Exhaust
-Tein SS CoilOvers with pillow ball monuts -/\- ST Swaybars/Energy Suspension Bushings
-16x7 Lightweight Rotas -/\- Pro Stop Rotors -/\- Goodridge S.S. Brake Lines
-Skunk2 Shifter -/\- MoMo Steering Wheel
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Onimacus's Avatar
Onimacus Onimacus is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 954
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Onimacus
Re: help with redline and mph

I don't kmow if this really counts, I have a ZC but i heard they are similar to the d16...

My first gear red lines at about 30, at 7200RPM, second is about 55, third is a tiny bit over 90, and fourth is 120... not sure about fifth...
__________________
Travis

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-06-2004, 07:44 PM
YZ125rider21's Avatar
YZ125rider21 YZ125rider21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YZ125rider21 Send a message via Yahoo to YZ125rider21
Re: Re: help with redline and mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimacus
I don't kmow if this really counts, I have a ZC but i heard they are similar to the d16...

My first gear red lines at about 30, at 7200RPM, second is about 55, third is a tiny bit over 90, and fourth is 120... not sure about fifth...
Motor makes no difference, transmission and tire size does. The Motor only tells you where redline is (ZC is 7200rpm I guess? whereas mine is like 6800rpm)
The way I got the values I got, were mathmatical equations, based on tire size and transmission gearing.
__________________
90 Honda CRX Si
-Red/Black
-B20B/b16
-AEM CAI -/\- Apexi GT Header/2¼" Custom Dynomax Exhaust
-Tein SS CoilOvers with pillow ball monuts -/\- ST Swaybars/Energy Suspension Bushings
-16x7 Lightweight Rotas -/\- Pro Stop Rotors -/\- Goodridge S.S. Brake Lines
-Skunk2 Shifter -/\- MoMo Steering Wheel
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2004, 07:47 AM
turtlecrxsi's Avatar
turtlecrxsi turtlecrxsi is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,061
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to turtlecrxsi
Re: help with redline and mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanfeagle03
Just in case anyone else is interested in this info. Here's the 6800rpm shift points for the D16a6/Si Tranny:

1st - 32mph
2nd - 56mph
3rd - 83mph
4th - 112mph
5th - 135mph

Since there's no 6th gear, 135mph is around the MAX speed you'll wanna go in a D16a6/Si tranny, with 195/50 15's.
This sounds about right. 4th gear is pretty short though so redlining at 112 seems a bit odd but I've never done it so it must be about right. The fastest I've ever taken the Si was around 105-110 on 185/60-14s. It gets kinda scary with 9lb 14s at 100mph. I'm sure with bigger rims I'd push it, but I kinda like having a license ya know?
__________________
2008 KIA Spectra5 SX
2010 Honda CR-V EX

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts