|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
OBDII/VAG Diagnostic gear
I am looking for recommendations for a laptop oriented OBDII/VAG test tool combination to help troubleshoot car problems in VW's and AUdi's.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: OBDII/VAG Diagnostic gear
I use a VAG-COM for VW specific information. I keep a OTC scanner for most other vehicles. I went ahead and got the Hex-CAN cable for the '05's with the CAN Bus even though I don't know who will provide diagnostic & troubleshooting support as VW doesn't even give the information to Bentley anymore, nor is it even available from VW's erWin site.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
All VAG-COM/Scantool products are hardware and software
combination based systems. For the technically inclined, The hardware can be made with info available on the internet, and the VAG/OBDII windows softwate is often available free. For everything you ever wanted to know about OBD-II and scan-tools for Wolkswagen, (for use on LAPTOPS) check out my post: Automotive Forums .com > Volkswagen > Passat > useful info for all VW owners... You'll find tons of info on buying and making OBD-II scan-tools. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|