-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-18-2004, 03:35 PM
dybber dybber is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
92 Grand Caravan Shudder at 45-50 mph

Hello all,
I have a 92 Grand Caravan 3.3L which has developed a shudder at 45-50 mph. If I accelerate to 50 then let off the gas pedal slightly I wil get the shudder. If I take foot off gas(no shudder) or if I accelerate through it (no shudder). I have replaced tranny fluid and filter and have flushed with ATF3. The shifting through the other gears appear normal. There seems to be a slight hesitation(intermittent) on acceleration. I just want to eliminate certain things before looking into the Torque Converter. For a rough idle condition(That is still present) I have replaced plugs,wires,fuel filter, and cleaned throttle body. There may or may not be a relationship here. There are no Error codes present. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-19-2004, 10:53 PM
RexNfx400's Avatar
RexNfx400 RexNfx400 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 331
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: 92 Grand Caravan Shudder at 45-50 mph

Most likely only someone that has experienced missfire compared to transmission/converter shudder(chatter by us tranny guys) will know the difference for certain. But converter chatter will feel more like when your driving up a dirt road that has alot of washboard to it. While missfire usually gives more hard hitting bucking and jerking feeling and doesn't feel rotational.
hth
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2004, 12:19 AM
dybber dybber is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 92 Grand Caravan Shudder at 45-50 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexNfx400
Most likely only someone that has experienced missfire compared to transmission/converter shudder(chatter by us tranny guys) will know the difference for certain. But converter chatter will feel more like when your driving up a dirt road that has alot of washboard to it. While missfire usually gives more hard hitting bucking and jerking feeling and doesn't feel rotational.
hth
I would have to say it is more of a bucking/jerking feeling at 45-50 mph.
Could the low/erratic idle be related to the 'misfire' at 45-50 mph? What are the normal steps to isolate the misfire other than the ones I already took on my original post?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts