-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Future303 Future303 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Argh!!! My turn signals!!!! Need help!!

On my '95 Stang GT. My Turn signals just screwed up!! They will not work at all, they will not flash, neither will the hazard lights or the brake lights.

The head and tail lights work fine.

What the hell? What could it be? I checked the fuses and they look ok (I didn't have a voltmeter handy to make sure) It has to be either the multifunction switch or the indicator flasher, but I don't know for sure.

Can someone give me some advice here?? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2004, 01:32 AM
Beegle Beegle is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would try your flasher controller - that small box that's located on your fuse panel. Or is that what your talking about when you say indicator flasher? I'm not sure what its really called. But you can get one for only a few bucks and try it. But that doesn't realy explain your brake lights not working.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Future303 Future303 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Argh!!! My turn signals!!!! Need help!!

Ok, there's a 15amp fuse that controls the signal/hazard/brake lights. The fuse is burnt. Everytime I put in a new Fuse it burns out. I even put a 20amp fuse and that one burned out also. It has to be a short circuit somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-2004, 12:38 AM
StangNut86 StangNut86 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,078
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to StangNut86 Send a message via Yahoo to StangNut86
you have an open wire somewhere that's touching metal. gotta get a voltimeter and start checking wires for high voltage somewhere. that's gonna be a bitch to trace, it's quite a few wires. still, as long as you have a good diagram such as an oem ford one you should be alright.
__________________
-Andy

'89 Mustang 5.0 - How fast? i'll know this weekend.
'86 Mustang LX - Shortblock is built, now for the rest of it.

"Put the subject before the verb, hmm? Fail this class, you will."
-Yoda teaches english class.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2004, 09:13 AM
thunderbird muscle's Avatar
thunderbird muscle thunderbird muscle is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Argh!!! My turn signals!!!! Need help!!

Can you look and see if you have any exposed wire?
__________________
A founding member of HNF car club!
Do you know what it feels like to do an amazing burnout listening to that wonderful exhaust note, Oh you drive a honda sorry dude, but theres hope they still make nitrous oxide!

Racing a Honda is like being in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Future303 Future303 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Argh!!! My turn signals!!!! Need help!!

Well, I'm not sure what wires to check. I happen to have the Ford Service Manual, but I'm not a mechanic and the Manual is so cryptic, I'm not sure a mechanic could make sense of it.

Anyway, I've checked what I could get to easiest so far. I checked the power distribution box and all the fuses are ok there. There's a whole mess of cables and a fuse box underneath the steering column, the fuse that keeps burning out is the one that controls the hazard/turn signals. so obviously the short is somewhere along that line. The manual is cryptic, I can't figure it out, so I'm just gonna try checking on my own, making sure all the lights are working and taking a look at whatever cables I can see. Otherwise I guess I have to go to the Mechanic to get it fixed
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Future303 Future303 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Argh!!! My turn signals!!!! Need help!!

Ok, I found the short, it was inside the frikkin' dashboard, I don't know how this frikkin' cable melted but it's fixed now.

I thought some of you guys would have more experience with this stuff, but judging by the replies, apparently not
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-31-2004, 01:09 PM
Notchstang8890 Notchstang8890 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
F-u-s-e-s...whats That Spell??? Fuses! They All Run On The Same Circuit And If All Of Them Completely Aren't Working There Is A Serious Gap In The Circuit Somewhere. A Wire Could Be Completely Cut In Half (unlikely) Or If The Fuse Popped No Juice Would Go To Any Of The Lights And Cause Them All To Be Out...including Your Hazards
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts