|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Door
I have a '85 Fleetwood, and the right front door is stuck locked. Both interior and exterior handles are working (ie, not broken or stuck), and they move just as they do when the door is locked. I can hear the latch mechanism moving, but the door is not opening. The power locks are working, and move freely, but the door is not opening. Is there something preventing to door from unlatching, even if the lock is disengaged and the handle is pulled? Is there anyway I can get it open? The door panel cannot be removed from the inside without destroying it.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I've been having the same issue however, mine is an '81.... If any car techs out there, have any ideas please respond! It would be greatly apreciated... Thank you!
__________________
I love the Pur of Performance!
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Door
The wire/pipe/string what ever you wana call it that attaches to the handle might have fallen off. There for all your other handles work but that one. Take your door pannel off and see if anythigns wrong inside. Also buy a can of lythium grease and spray it on all the moving parts also your door hinges, it makes everything move much easyer and freely.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
My 87 Deville driver door was to the point where I could barely turn the key in the lock and if it was winter out, I'd break the key before it'd turn.
My problem was that the lock mechanism (the strike part that recieved the lock post attached to the door frame) was so gummed up it was practically worthless. AntiBurn also has a valid idea there. Either way, you're going to have to remove the door panel. I know it's going to be difficult, but it should be able to be done without too much damage if done carefully. I'd recommend removing the front seat to do the job right. Before you go doing all that, however, if you have a friend working for a towing service, see if he/she can stop by with their lockout tools. Have them enter the door's interior by sliding down the glass on the inside of the vehicle with a short SlimJim (keep your window closed). See if they can jimmy around in there down near the lock mechanism in case it's gummed and they can free it up. If that doesn't work, it's time to remove the panel. You'll need to inspect the entire locking assembly for rods that have fallen off or whatever may have happened. If you can get in there and release the mechanism, I'd recommend removing it completely (it's not difficult) and putting it on a workbench for a thorough cleaning. Some pressurized brake cleaner and a real good lube job should take care of a gummed up problem. Hope that give some ideas at least... |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|