|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
There is a loud "clunk" from the left front wheel, and I am pretty sure it is brake related. Happens when I first release brake backing straight out of garage, and when I cut the wheel hard also...but not when the mechanics are riding with me of course. Brakes also seem to hold too long when used intermittantly, coasting, etc. Any views?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: left front clunk
If it's a 97 it might be the ball joint that has a recall on it.....
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: left front clunk
Replaced a year ago.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Have the same problem in my 98 Blazer LS 4wd 4dr, Wheelbearing had been bad, and there was alot of wheel movement in that that was allowing a flex movement to about 6inches past wheelwell, replaced bearing and the problem went away for about 250mi than noise started occuring in 4wd all the time and in 2wd when turning left hard or backing up after releasing the brake from a parked position. Is this the problem of the CV Shaft? Still in early diagonstic stage but the only thing I can figure as the front end is tight, no movement on maine state inspection test.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: left front clunk
Exactly the same-noise on brake release when releasing from park. All new ball joints and control arm bushings, all tight. I am lost.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: left front clunk
May be the constant velocity joints. The only way to tell is to put a new one in.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|