-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > BMW > 6 Series
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-13-2004, 12:24 PM
adamana adamana is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buying a 6 series

Hello BMW-ers.

I am considering the purchase of a BMW 6 series. It would be my first BMW. I am vacillating between a 635Csi versus an M6, both late 80's.

Is the extra cost (the ones I have seen of both models seem to generally fall about $6-8K extra for the M6) worth it?

Are the finish and components a lot better on the M6? I am wondering if it is the same situation as on a Benz 380SL vs. a 560SL. These two superficially look the same - but the 560 is a MUCH better car, almost least which is due to the engine.

I am also aware that the M6 is a much rarer car, and that it has about 40 (right?) HP more than the 635.

Any comments are welcome. You can either respond to the thread or email me at [email protected] (PLEASE don't give this to spammers!!! :-)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Wraith87 Wraith87 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey,

The 635CSi has 220BHP, and the M6 has 286BHP. That's a big margin. Even so, the 635CSi is a beautiful.. Beautiful car. My father has an '87 model, with only 100,000 miles on it. That said, I have never seen/driven an M6, so I wouldn't know.

However, I have the perfect site for you. This is a review comparing the two models.

http://www.bmw1st.com/6series/e24fac...4-face-off.htm

Whichever you pick, enjoy it; they are both great cars.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2004, 08:09 PM
jeffreyb4me jeffreyb4me is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 760
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Buying a 6 series

I've owned both, an '89 635csi & '88 M6 thoughI barely fit into either[6'4"]. I've also worked on them
at the dealers since they were new [not the ones i've owned-confused yet?], anyway, if you choose an M6, FIRST FIND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE CAR
AND THE S38 ENGINES...they've much more expensive to repair BUT, well maintained, VERY reliable engines and they are few things sweeter to
the ears than the sound of these at full throttle..jb.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > BMW > 6 Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts