-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-04-2004, 12:21 PM
jackjordan86 jackjordan86 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

I lookin at a Kicker S12L5 for my S-10, and was wanting to know what kind of amp i needed, Im on a tight budget like $100-$150. Do I need a mono 2 channel or what? Any input would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Haibane's Avatar
Haibane Haibane is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,416
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Haibane
Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

mono is preferable. for 100-150 look for a california profile. You still won't get much for that amount of money.
__________________
www.cloudcity.deviantart.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2004, 03:25 PM
jackjordan86 jackjordan86 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

Thanks a lot, I might be able to spend a little bit more but as of right now Im kinda strapped fro cash. But thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2004, 04:14 PM
PaulD PaulD is offline
Audio Guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,701
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
look for a class D amp .... you usually get the most watts for the dollar.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-06-2004, 12:33 AM
str8Subbin str8Subbin is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to str8Subbin Send a message via MSN to str8Subbin
Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

r u only gettin one subs? i got 2 of these powered of a 2 channel kenwood with only the 200 something watts they're gettin from that amp they sound pretty good. If ur interested i'm selling that amp for $90 Kenwood KAC-929
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Navy I.C.'s Avatar
Navy I.C. Navy I.C. is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8Subbin
r u only gettin one subs? i got 2 of these powered of a 2 channel kenwood with only the 200 something watts they're gettin from that amp they sound pretty good. If ur interested i'm selling that amp for $90 Kenwood KAC-929
how far are you from san diego
__________________
THE DARKNESS!!!
an African Soup Bone Production...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Navy I.C.'s Avatar
Navy I.C. Navy I.C. is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

my wife want something in her car
__________________
THE DARKNESS!!!
an African Soup Bone Production...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-06-2004, 02:03 AM
str8Subbin str8Subbin is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to str8Subbin Send a message via MSN to str8Subbin
Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

i'm in northern cali i can send it but i don't know how much shipping would b
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Navy I.C.'s Avatar
Navy I.C. Navy I.C. is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

email me
__________________
THE DARKNESS!!!
an African Soup Bone Production...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-06-2004, 10:10 AM
loismustdie loismustdie is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well if you get a dual 4 ohm then you could probly find a jbl 600.1 for around 160, that'll put out about 700 watts at 2 ohms and i THINK it can run at one ohms also and thats a great amp with a great reputation...
__________________
the aquabats are seriously the best band in the world
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Navy I.C.'s Avatar
Navy I.C. Navy I.C. is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What kind of amp for a Kicker S12L5?

if kicker made the subs, they made a mate check out their sx1250.1
__________________
THE DARKNESS!!!
an African Soup Bone Production...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Audio


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts