-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-24-2004, 01:18 AM
jeffs_GTP_sleeper's Avatar
jeffs_GTP_sleeper jeffs_GTP_sleeper is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will be getting some track vids (Shooting for 12s)

I am making, hopefully my final trip to the track until the fall. I will be shooting for 12s with the only differences being a little experience with the DRs, possibly some weight reduction, and also possibly dropping to a 3.0 pulley/belt.

I wanted to know if anyone would like me to post them or if I should just keep them to myself.

Last edited by jeffs_GTP_sleeper; 06-24-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2004, 08:04 AM
CarSuperfreak's Avatar
CarSuperfreak CarSuperfreak is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CarSuperfreak
Re: Will be getting some track vids (Shooting for 12s)

post 'em!
__________________
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
- Galileo Galilei
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2004, 08:05 AM
209 neon's Avatar
209 neon 209 neon is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Will be getting some track vids (Shooting for 12s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs_GTP_sleeper
I am making, hopefully my final trip to the track until the fall. I will be shooting for 12s with the only differences being a little experience with the DRs, possibly some weight reduction, and also possibly dropping to a 3.0 pulley/belt.

I wanted to know if anyone would like me to post them or if I should just keep them to myself.
are you running at cmi this weekend? what day?
__________________
STOCK MOTOR 14.5 with minor bolt-ons:

ICEMAN COLD AIR INTAKE
HEDDMAN HEADERS
CATCO HI FLOW CAT W/STOCK 2.25 PIPING
TTI RACE PULLEY
APEXI N1 EXHAUST
MSD COIL
MAGNACORE WIRES
ENERGY SUSPENSION MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS
NO POWER STEERING UNIT/ NO A/C UNIT

"RACE ME IF YOU WILL BUT REMEMBER IN THE END ITS STILL JUST A NEON"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 AM
jeffs_GTP_sleeper's Avatar
jeffs_GTP_sleeper jeffs_GTP_sleeper is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Will be getting some track vids (Shooting for 12s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209 neon
are you running at cmi this weekend? what day?
I have a friend I am meeting out there to give him the Drag Radials on Saturday. He also has a 2004GTP(orange) in case you are there looking for us. I will be racing at the Test and Tune on Friday though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-24-2004, 09:28 AM
JekylandHyde's Avatar
JekylandHyde JekylandHyde is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Will be getting some track vids (Shooting for 12s)

I am always game for a good 1/4 mile video ... but shouldn't it be in the drag racing forum instead of the street racing forum?

__________________
Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports <-- Get the book! - books are now available for shipment
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2004, 11:07 AM
2000LS1Z28 2000LS1Z28 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Will be getting some track vids (Shooting for 12s)

Yeah post your times. 4 tenths of a sec. is a big drop in time. Better nail that 60'.
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder
Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2004, 05:22 PM
jeffs_GTP_sleeper's Avatar
jeffs_GTP_sleeper jeffs_GTP_sleeper is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Will be getting some track vids (Shooting for 12s)

Thanks hopefully I can get some decent vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Yeah post your times. 4 tenths of a sec. is a big drop in time. Better nail that 60'.
I only need another .19 I am at 13.18 right now with a 2.01 launch though. I figure if I get a 1.90-1.93 60' I'll get it. My times are posted on my site.

The Drag Racing forum is DEAD, so...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts