-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-20-2004, 12:29 AM
DJ JEFF DJ JEFF is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
U-Joint from hell

I just got done changing ujoints from hell on my 97 Tahoe. Everything was going very smooth until I went to put in the last retainer clip. That was about noon. Its now midnight. Some how or another the yoke at the end of the drive shaft got tweaked and I didn't have enough clearance to get the last clip in. After taking the ujoint out and putting it back in about 15 times and swapping the joints around trying to get something to work I borrowed a handy tool from my neighbor. Its like a big spring spreader or something. Anyway I wrenched that thing enough to tweak the yoke back into shape. U-joint went in and retainer clips are all on. I just hope that wasn't a bad thing tweakin the end of that yoke. It makes me wonder if I didn't weaken it some. I guess I will find out soon enough. If you have to change your ujoints its definitely worth renting the ujoint press from your local parts store if you don't have one.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts