|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
cam sensor vs distributor
I am having a friend replace the motor (2.4 SOHC (Japanese Trans on passenger side)) in my 97 Spyder. The blown motor has a cam sensor and a longer intake manifold. The replacement motor has a distributor and a shorter intake manifold. Everything else appears the same. It appears that the intake manifolds are interchangable so we will be switching the intake manifold out but I guess my question is if there is a wiring mod, part or something which will allow me to use the distributor which is in the replacement motor?
Any help is appreciated. THANK YOU!! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: cam sensor vs distributor
You want to put a distributor in your car?
__________________
For Sale 98 Eclipse GS, 5 spd |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: cam sensor vs distributor
The replacement motor I have has a distributor. The blown motor has a cam sensor. I thought that I could just take the distributor out and replace it with the cam sensor but there are no gears on the cam for the cam sensor so I have to use the distributor.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|