-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Zwofurti Zwofurti is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 518
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Zwofurti
volvo drawing again*phuu*

this was another guy's car i drawed and sold for 45$ this morning..
i've fixed the rims afyter this picture was taken.

__________________
I'm from Sweden!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-06-2004, 07:01 AM
quarter_mile's Avatar
quarter_mile quarter_mile is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of Volvos in Sweden then aye?

Nice drawing!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2004, 07:56 AM
Ra_15's Avatar
Ra_15 Ra_15 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Ra_15
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

45$ Lucky you Looks good though!

I want to sell mine now!
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2004, 10:46 AM
HighOctaneNOSUser's Avatar
HighOctaneNOSUser HighOctaneNOSUser is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

I agree with QM, lots of volvos there, eh? How many do you plan to do?
__________________

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2004, 01:19 PM
KustmAce's Avatar
KustmAce KustmAce is offline
Grande Boleros de Fuego
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,719
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwofurti
i drawed
you drew

And I like it!

One question though, can you not see the mirror on the other side?
__________________
MAKE ART, NOT WAR
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Zwofurti Zwofurti is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 518
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Zwofurti
Re: Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
you drew

And I like it!

One question though, can you not see the mirror on the other side?
thanks!
i knew it was something i forgot.!


and yes there are a lot of volvos in sweden, some with very much HP.. one guys volvo 240 has over 900 hp in the engine and it rund 9:s on the quarter mile
__________________
I'm from Sweden!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2004, 09:36 PM
lemorris's Avatar
lemorris lemorris is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,255
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lemorris Send a message via Yahoo to lemorris
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

Sorry to nag Zwofurti,

but your work is good...damn good. You are accurate and artistic.

CHARGE MORE!!

A guy with a $45,000 car can pay more than $45.

Just tryin to look out for an up and comer.

-Lemorris
__________________
http://www.lemorris.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2004, 06:29 AM
Zwofurti Zwofurti is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 518
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Zwofurti
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

mayeb i'll charge more later, or when i draw bigger than a4.. but i think its pretty ok=)
__________________
I'm from Sweden!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2004, 10:19 AM
lemorris's Avatar
lemorris lemorris is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,255
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lemorris Send a message via Yahoo to lemorris
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

Size doesn't matter..(pause for the chucklers).

Once again let the client get their price break from the grocery store, not the artist.

I have been and seen the artist taking the "hit" on projects for years. I love it when the printer gets top dollar and 4 weeks to print 5000 brochures, but the artist gets $50 and 3 days to design it. The client then uses the brochures to make $200,000 and talks about the great print job.

The pricing thing is a hurdle all who stay in this game long enough face. It does require a leap of faith so to speak. The big concern is "If I charge more will I still get work?". The answer is yes. It's always YES.

Have faith in you...I do.

-Lemorris

p.s. If I'm wrong about this GTMike400 will pay you out of hiw own pocket.
__________________
http://www.lemorris.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2004, 12:47 PM
asaenz's Avatar
asaenz asaenz is offline
Sketch Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,714
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Yes, that looks awesome.
And charge more.
Think about the time you spent on it.

al
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Ra_15's Avatar
Ra_15 Ra_15 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Ra_15
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

Over here, to get someone to fix a pc, (which I would probably be able to do for free) costs about 120$ per hour! Drawing is a much more talented job, so really you should charge loads more than you are now!
__________________
My first car drawing, wish I could still draw this well

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-08-2004, 05:05 PM
KustmAce's Avatar
KustmAce KustmAce is offline
Grande Boleros de Fuego
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,719
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

You can only charge as much as someone is willing to pay. Hence why I only make like 10 bucks per commission.
__________________
MAKE ART, NOT WAR
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Zwofurti Zwofurti is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 518
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Zwofurti
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

of course i can charge more, but i dont want to, i'm not drawing those guyses(??, damn) cars for money, i'm drawing tthem because i wanna be nice and because it's really funny to draw.. a can take about 60£ a drawing if i want to. but i don't.
__________________
I'm from Sweden!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-08-2004, 06:30 PM
lemorris's Avatar
lemorris lemorris is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,255
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lemorris Send a message via Yahoo to lemorris
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

I draw cars because I enjoy it too, but I have rent to pay, kids to feed, and a VW that has special needs.

As a working artist it's ok to get paid for what you do. If a mailman enjoys his job should he or she accept less than market value for their services?

Remember also the bar is set by artists collectively. If we all except less then our trade on a whole is devalued. Why should someone give me what I feel my work is worth if someone else gives it away.

I understand where you are coming from, but I've been there before. When art is your living you develop a different point of view real quick....If you want to eat.

Regardless the work is nice. Keep it up.

-Lemorris
__________________
http://www.lemorris.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-08-2004, 06:31 PM
lemorris's Avatar
lemorris lemorris is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,255
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to lemorris Send a message via Yahoo to lemorris
Re: volvo drawing again*phuu*

oh and KustomAce,

I've been there before too. I changed clientel. Better clients, better pay.
__________________
http://www.lemorris.com
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts