-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-23-2004, 09:25 PM
fatninja19 fatninja19 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,830
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
More action!

So I'm driving my g/f home around midnight.. As I pull out of the apartment complex I get behind a nice and shiny blue RX8. It looked like it had different tail pipes than stock, but I wasn't too sure. There was no license plate so I assumed it was too new for him to want to play. The car looked very good from the back.

So the light turns green and we're both making a left, he takes off kinda hard and shifts kinda late. I assume that he has an aftermarket exhaust because his car was pretty loud. I quickly give chase. His rate of acceleration slows, so I'm able to catch him quite easily, as I get next to him, I give it some gas and pull about a car to let him know I really would like to play. He gets next to me and punches it.. I'm already in gear so I jump on it too. We are only on it for a second because the upcoming light turns yellow. Yipee!! We're gonna go from a dig!! And uphill!! More advantage for mee!!!


As we anticipate the light turning green, I hear him bring his revs up a little. I turn off the traction control and bring her up to about 1500 rpm and side-step the clutch. I have no idea where he's at(besides behind me) as I chirp into second. By the time I shift into third and am going about 75, I look in the sideview mirror and he's about 3-4 cars back. When I look up again, I see that we're approaching a redlight so I let off. He passes me rather quickly(but I wouldn't call it a total flyby) as I'm on the brakes. I wanted to get next to him at the light and give him a thumbs up, but he makes a right turn while runnin' the red.

Damn, why do people not let me get a chance at giving them a thumbs up?

bah, it was a fun time!
__________________
when in doubt, throttle.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2004, 09:32 PM
2000LS1Z28 2000LS1Z28 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: More action!

Good kill. I think everyone knows what I think of RX8's here. The RX7 turbo was just soo much better IMO.
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder
Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Raz_Kaz Raz_Kaz is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,373
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: More action!

Nice run ....Maybe sometimes ppl just cant face the fact that they're not always the fastest car on the street..ash well, you had good intentions
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2004, 10:11 PM
joebowlr21 joebowlr21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 488
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to joebowlr21
Rank another kill for fatninja.....to bad it was an RX8 and not the 7 you got.

The RX8, in my opinion, is a waste of a rotary engine.The design to disgusting and the power that is produced in just childish.For around the same price of an 8 you can get an Sti.Now who wouldn't love a fast sedan!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-24-2004, 07:45 AM
2000LS1Z28 2000LS1Z28 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: More action!

Actually you can buy an RX8 for around $26K. Whilst STi's are great, I heard their CPU sucks.
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder
Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-24-2004, 11:02 AM
drag1320neon's Avatar
drag1320neon drag1320neon is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to drag1320neon
Re: More action!

that pretty cool, good kill. i have yet to even see an rx8 driving fast, but then again, around here you see more women thn men driving them, nooooooice!
__________________

Quote:
you aint gotta like me, you just mad cause i tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be


CHECK OUT MY CARS HERE!
drag1320neon and 209neon's babys < 209 neon finished!>
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-24-2004, 11:05 AM
209 neon's Avatar
209 neon 209 neon is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good kill dude yeah over here I really havent seen on in action yet
__________________
STOCK MOTOR 14.5 with minor bolt-ons:

ICEMAN COLD AIR INTAKE
HEDDMAN HEADERS
CATCO HI FLOW CAT W/STOCK 2.25 PIPING
TTI RACE PULLEY
APEXI N1 EXHAUST
MSD COIL
MAGNACORE WIRES
ENERGY SUSPENSION MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS
NO POWER STEERING UNIT/ NO A/C UNIT

"RACE ME IF YOU WILL BUT REMEMBER IN THE END ITS STILL JUST A NEON"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2004, 11:14 AM
PWRDbyUNCLEbens's Avatar
PWRDbyUNCLEbens PWRDbyUNCLEbens is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 921
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good job it's a shame people get so beaten up over losing that they can't even face someone. Whenever I'm beat (yes believe it or not oldschool se-r's are not invincible ) it's always a nod to the other person.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-25-2004, 01:33 PM
landyacht's Avatar
landyacht landyacht is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 984
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The RX8 looks great, especially the police edition concept that was at a car show a few months back...damn nice looking!

Looks don't necessarily mean go though...especially as shown here. Nice Kill!
__________________
Mine's an '82 Pontiac Parisienne 4-door sedan!!

- 305 cu inch (5.0L) small block V8 w/ 3spd auto
- 4 barrel carb w/ single exhaust
- No catalytic converter, no posi-trac

NEVER LOSE FAITH IN THE BOAT!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-25-2004, 01:52 PM
TatII TatII is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
good kill, i always wanted to kill one of those becuase the rx-8 owners are such dickheads. they are soo full of themselves. if you go to the rx-8 forums ( not on af ) they think they're slow cars are invisible. they go on dissing the evo 8 and the sti and the wrx and the 350z. they call the rally cars turbo charged ugly grocery getters, and they don't care if they're faster. they only care becasue the rx-8 looks faster. so i guess to them they care more about looking fast then actually being fast. damn man that makes me sooo heated. i want to find one and blow his doors off!! that slow pos can't even trap at 100mph on the 1/4. a rsx type s traps at a similar speed. 93 vs 95 mph. argh!! see the car is definilty a hot car but i just hate the owners. they think their car is soo fast. they have obviously never driven or been in anything else other then a civic in order to think they're cars are fast.

* done venting *
__________________
303whp stock internal KA-T
94 Acura NSX


Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-25-2004, 01:52 PM
BeEfCaKe BeEfCaKe is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 647
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: More action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebowlr21
The RX8, in my opinion, is a waste of a rotary engine.The design to disgusting and the power that is produced in just childish.For around the same price of an 8 you can get an Sti.Now who wouldn't love a fast sedan!
238hp doesn't sound too bad to me considering it is NA.. Are there turbo kits for the Rx8 right now? If so, how much power are we looking at?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-25-2004, 01:55 PM
TatII TatII is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
238 is the power they wish they had. judging from making only 180ish at the wheels its actually making close to 210-220hp at best. the car is not light either. it weights 3000 lbs. the car had hardly anymore top end then a rsx-type S.
__________________
303whp stock internal KA-T
94 Acura NSX


Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-25-2004, 04:30 PM
kfoote kfoote is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: More action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
...they call the rally cars turbo charged ugly grocery getters, and they don't care if they're faster....
* done venting *
If an RX8 owner called my car an ugly turbocharged grocery getter, I'd....agree. Then I'd probably mention something about the pot calling tthe kettle black, and mention the slower thing and that my car is better in the snow. I've seen many of the RX8's, and I think they're very strange looking. At least the looks of the STi has started to grow on me.
__________________
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (daily driver)
1999 Mazda Miata (track car, slow, but finished the SCCA Runoffs)
1987 Porsche 944 (being rebuilt)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-25-2004, 04:55 PM
youngvr4's Avatar
youngvr4 youngvr4 is offline
STREET RACING GURU
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,437
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: More action!

i second that, for both comments
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-25-2004, 06:11 PM
kittedb18bt's Avatar
kittedb18bt kittedb18bt is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: More action!

i agree with most of the comments i have heard on here lately. the two most overrated and overpriced cars for today are the rx8 and the 350z. they both look great though.
__________________
Co-Founder of AF V-Card Club

1999 Ford Mustang Cobra: Cobra R rims, Magnaflow CB.

"no way man...i saw an LS1 fight godzilla and the LS1 beat godzilla and it looked in the air and was like what do you think of that god and god was like bring it bitch so they fought and the LS1 beat god now the LS1 is god because its the greatest thing ever."
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts