-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Moab Man's Avatar
Moab Man Moab Man is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
86 Dodge Colt Auto any good?

Looking at purchasing an 86 Dodge Colt. I know absolutely nothing about these little cars.

86 Dodge Colt Imported For Dodge
Auto trans


Are they any good?

Auto transmission any good? Do they tend to just die at some mileage point?

Body is in great shape, trans seems good, front end CV Joints are good, has its share of oil leaks but overall runs/sounds good. They are asking $700 too high or just right?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-19-2004, 07:17 PM
BleedDodge's Avatar
BleedDodge BleedDodge is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge
Re: 86 Dodge Colt Auto any good?

I'd try it, if I was in dire need of a car.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-18-2005, 07:48 AM
S Dufore S Dufore is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good car,got over 400,000 miles on it before I retired it. Standard Transmission gave out around 200,000 miles.the engine likes to blow head gaskets if they ever overheat ,even a little.They run an electric feedback type of carb .They tend to start to give trouble with the high milage on the car.It was Quite expensive when I replaced it.over all It was a very good car, I may even put it back on the road soon.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts