-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-28-2004, 11:09 AM
amy@af's Avatar
amy@af amy@af is offline
Traffic Directing Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,893
Thanks: 226
Thanked 119 Times in 95 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af
Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

i was contacted by a nice guy who asked if he could "interview" me for a school project. i found the questions interesting and am very curious how some of you would answer.

to make it easy i put it in a Q & A format. i'll leave an immediate reply to this with the questionnaire. that way all you'll have to do is hit "reply with quote" and then fillin in the a's. oh yea...and remove the [/quote] & [quote=LadyNRedSi]
__________________
"hi! my name is Lady, and i'm a HONDA-holic"

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!



*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2004, 11:10 AM
amy@af's Avatar
amy@af amy@af is offline
Traffic Directing Admin
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,893
Thanks: 226
Thanked 119 Times in 95 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af
Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A:

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A:

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A:

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A:

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A:

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A:

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A:

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A:

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A:

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A:
__________________
"hi! my name is Lady, and i'm a HONDA-holic"

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!



*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2004, 11:23 AM
sackerius's Avatar
sackerius sackerius is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Here is mine, done to ladys questions


Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRedSi with SACKERIUS answers..
Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A:because it gives people to invest money into, and also it is like a bug, once you get into it, you cant get out ... it has been a poplular 'sport' so to say, for many years, and many different people have loved customizing their vehicles.

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A:Some are, some arent.. it all depends on who the teen is.. Ive heard of teens doing 150 KMP/h on 50 KMP/h roads, and Ive heard of kids sinking 30,000$ worth of appearance goodies --and then that person doesnt race.... for teens in general, i wouldnt just say it is teens driving dangerously.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: Parents probably wouldnt do it as much, because they have the time and money to go to tracks and events much more than a teen would. Many parents customize their vehicles, and many drive fast... it just all depends where you are when you see it happening.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A:Many other people introduced me to cars... i think the main thing that set me off, was seeing all of these amazing cars, that people adored so much, and that i wanted to be in these cars.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A:If all came crashing down, i would trade my investment in (car) and settle my financial problems, of course, starting over.

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: Yes it is, it can save a person a well amount of $$, and it can give a person the feeling of knowing what has happened to a piece of machinery has been their doing.

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: Exterior apperance mainly, with some small hp gains as well.. i find the appearance of a car can never get old, and always loved... it always makes a clean appearance on yourself as a person.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: I carefully look at many different products, and find what IIIII like the most, not what other people like, or what the latest trends are.

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A:Get involved!! and the rest will come naturally ! ... ( lol)

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A: I wouldnt say it is more popular, but more affordable yes... making it seem to be the 'thing' to do these days... anything a teen can afford these days, is the thing they want...
__________________
Vehicles I Currently Own
- 82 Toyota Tercel/Corolla (daily driver... o it kicks ass, lights the tires up real good hah)
- 88 Civic 4 door LX (not running, not sure what im going to do with it, race car, sell parts, sell?)

Vehicles I Have Previously Owned
1 - 85 Plymouth Caravelle
2 - 90 Civic Cx
3 - 83 Chevrolet S10

......And just for fun.... this makes me laugh every time.
image removed by moderator
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-28-2004, 02:36 PM
riceriderjade's Avatar
riceriderjade riceriderjade is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 344
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A: Partly due to movie and TV showing that its cool. A lot of people want to have BMW's and Mercedes but can't afford it, so they just make their cars look better. Its a fun hobby for a lot of people, just more people are realizing that

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A:customization has nothing to do with the amount of bad teen drivers there are. A lot just plain drive bad, same with old people.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A:Personally, my mom would sooner I have a slow car for my own safety, but if a parent did a decent job raising there kids, they should know better.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: Having a Honda, and of course there the most common car to do up, also my friends were getting into it.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A:Sell my car of course

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: Oh yeah, customizing cars is big business now and mechanics and autobody shops are just waiting for teenage suckers who just saw the fast and the furious. I like working on my own car and its saves me tons of money

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: First and foremost, a nice clean look, I didn't buy a crx to have it go fast and be ugly.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A:Check around til I can't check anymore, shopping around is very important

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
Ao it right, reasearch, cause its a lot of work and money to fix something you screw up.

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A:Turbos will always be more popular so long as NOS is as dangerous as it can be
__________________
I'd Hit It.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-28-2004, 03:00 PM
shaddr3 shaddr3 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 501
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to shaddr3
Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A:Its something new that everyone is catching on to. Looking at exotic cars excites most people, and allowing to customize your car shows your character, how you customize it.

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A: I think that some teens are going to a extent where its not necessary.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: As long as everything is state legal on the highway, and allowed on the tracks, its not hurting anyone.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: My father, friends, etc.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A: I sell everything I own, well everything that isnt sentimental to me and everything thats not a necessity. This allows me to buy and sell what I want, to pay for other items freely. Also a job on the side helps alot too.

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: Depends on the job and how much experience is involved. If money isnt a risk or you cant harm anything, go for it!

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: I look for a decent engine, a few upgrades, not much. Im more of a show guy, gotta have the nice kit, air bags, nice wheels, everything pimped out.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: I look at others and combine those ideas to make mine.

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A:Patience and Patience!

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A: I wouldnt know, all I hear is that NOS kills your engine aftertime. Few of my buddies, it has happen to them.
__________________
89 CRX Si
B16 | BW Body kit | 17" 8 Spoke | Airbagged
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-28-2004, 03:23 PM
KoRnSaQ KoRnSaQ is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnSaQ
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A: Because its a way of expressing yourself, and having something orriginal

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A:some do

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: Mine dont give a damm as long as they dont have to bail me out of jail.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: Needed a hobby, and my friends got me into it

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A: put my car on hold till i get my money right again

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: Yes, cause it feels so much better to look at your car and say "I did it on my own"

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: both

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: whatever money will let me do

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A: Do what you want to it, make it meet up to your standards, not everyone elses

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A: yes, because it is a hell of a lot cheaper
__________________
KoRnSaQ
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-28-2004, 03:35 PM
1PhatCX's Avatar
1PhatCX 1PhatCX is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to 1PhatCX Send a message via Yahoo to 1PhatCX
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A: because so many kids have been influenced by the older generation watching their fathers customize hotrods and such and now there all into the sport compact division

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A: yes, i feel there are quite a few teens out there who are very dangerous. just by street racing and trying to show off, i know i do have the odd race once a month maybe but i try and keep it safe as possible, all i gotta say is take it to the track.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: i think alot of parents are worried about kids going fast on the roads, i think they think that were all gonna die or something

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: reading honda tuning and always wanting a civic

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A: i save up money, working at a parts store is a plus as well

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: damn right, its a good feeling knowing that i did all the work myself and its great for experiance

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: both, cant have it all show and no go

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: usually i get ideas from other peoples cars and then modify it a bit more to fit my car, or i just say screw it and toss it in how i feel it should go

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A: get all the parts ahead of time, and try to do it all in one day so u can still drive your car the next day

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A: IMO turbo is more popular because of all the possibilities with it and less likely of blowing ur motor if u keep the boost down to a considerable level
__________________
94 s-10 bagged, body dropped, 22's, suicide coupe doors, fully shaved, and soon a small block 350
2011 Silverado... Stock Daily driver
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Doc Jones's Avatar
Doc Jones Doc Jones is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 163
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Doc Jones
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?

A: I think that people express themselves in different ways, and while many people tricked out "muscle" cars, it is not only quite expensive nowadays, but also harder and harder to find the cars in a quality that would make it worth working on. The import mod is now what the "muscle" car scene used to be. It is just easier to get ahold of and cheaper to improve.

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?

A: YES! A lot of people think that because they have got their car tricked out, they are obligated to drive fast and race anything that tries to go nose to nose. The inherent lack of driving experience that many teens have coupled together with the typical attitides found in most teens (past and present) is a very dangerous mixture.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?

A: As with any topic involving teens and their parents, it is a parents OBLIGATION to do what they can to ensure not only the safety of their child, but the safety of those their child comes into contact with. I didn't know is certainly not a valid excuse.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?

A: I enjoy making things my own, and my car is no exception. I have certain styles and idiosyncracies that my car reflects/will reflect about me.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?

A: Like I do whenever money is an issue. Make a list. Needs before wants before like to haves. We need food and electricity, we want television, we'd like to have pizza delivered. Now if my car needs new tires, I might spend a little more to get some tires I want, but if cash is tight, priorities are still priorities.

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?

A: It really depends on 2 things, your skill level, and your comfort level. If you have the skill and don't mind doin it, knock yourself out, but when it comes to my car, if I don't feel comfortable doin it, even if I know I can, off to the shop it goes.

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?

A: I'm looking for both, I'll work on the mechanical aspect first, because let's face it, if it looks good but doesn't drive, all it is is a good looking pile of shit.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: I look at price, what it does, and then research it. If everything comes up roses, I might toss it in.

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?

A: Decide what you want first, then find out EVERYTHING you need (will your engine swap require a new tranny, and is the one you are buying comming with one?). And most importantly, find out how much you are willing to spend.

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?

A: Not a clue, I haven't looked into either that much to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-28-2004, 10:16 PM
CZ-R's Avatar
CZ-R CZ-R is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 949
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CZ-R
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A: It's a creative outlet and form of expression for people

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A: No more dangerous than our parents were with their muscle cars

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: Where do you think I learned it from?

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: My dad always had (and still has) projects he was working on as I grew up. It's in my blood, and I love every turn of the wrench

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A: My family comes before anything, so money issues are few & far between. Though it has taken me 4 years to get where I have with the car, and I'm not even close to being finished...

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: Depends. Do you want to save some money and learn a new skill? Or do you want to pay someone else to do it so you don't have to get your hands dirty?

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: Both. IMO you need to have a little of everything...

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: Research, cost, and personal preference

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A: Some people are able to follow specific lists of what they want to accomplish & in what order... I can't do that. Whenever I try to focus on one area of the car I come across a deal for some other piece I need for a different part of the car...

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A: Where I live it is. Only because it's relatively inexpensive and most of the people who get/use it don't know - or understand - the detrimental effects it can have on an engine (if not used/installed/taken care of properly).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Killa_CRX's Avatar
Killa_CRX Killa_CRX is offline
When Civics Attack!
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,702
Thanks: 13
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A: Customizing cars is not just popular today... customizing cars has been popular since cars evolved from the dinosaurs... the modifying of smaller japanese cars has just jumped in popularity due to those horrible fast and furious movies.

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A: Sure... but they always have been... the majority of teens are stupid by design... but we all have to be at some point in our lives.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: It's a waste of money... and for the most part, that's correct. Considering that unless you're going to be driving that custom hunk of junk for the next 20 or 30 years, you're never going to get the worth back out of your original investment... and what American... especially YOUNG Americans get one car and continue to drive it and only it until it is quite literally undrivable? That would be a VERY small percentage.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: Curiousity.... what could I do? testing my limits... the drive to create something that was more me than what I saw on the showroom floor.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A: As I said before... customizing your car is a waste of money. And like any waste of money, it still has to be budgetted in... whether you think so or not, there is no 'extra' money... every dollar you earn in your life has a purpose... define it either to waste on your car, or whatever else applies appropriately.

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: Read three questions above.

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: Small engine... good fuel economy... efficiant power... handsome exterior.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: I think about it for about a year to a year and a half... then I buy it.

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A: HAVE A PLAN.

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A: Define popular. Is popular that fast and furious movie with the huge NOS tanks? or is it that turbo blow off valve sound?... popularity is in the eye of the beholders... this is not really an appropriate question... if I were the teacher, I would deduct points for even having asked it.
__________________
Honda Enthusiast
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-29-2004, 01:05 AM
GVR-4&a90Si GVR-4&a90Si is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A:
It's fun to have a different look/style/power level, than that same model car next to you at the light.

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A:
Yes. IMO, most teens are too over confident in their ability to control a vehicle.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A:
Some parents dig it. A long time friend of mine and I both had DSM's. His 12.14 sec Talon was quicker than my 14.03 sec Galant VR-4 (both at Bandimere Speedway /5800 ft/), but his 20 yr old little brother just built a 60-1 powered 2.3L stroker 1g Talon that should run 11's w/ that much power. His Dad helped fund it. By helped I mean very little. Just enough to get the project done, so he can go for rides.
My parents are split on the subject. My dad built engines and drove for a Bonneville team back in the 80's and drove a '67 Firebird to 197 mph (n/a, big block, methonol. I don't remember the exact class moniker). But he gripes about everyday drivers being crazy and has always done 53 in a 55. Last summer, he bought his first NEW car since '69. He always bought used GM's or Ford shitboxes (which is funny to me, because my dad is a Japanese man in his 60's) he bought an '03 Accord coupe. lol
When my mother and I are going out for lunch or something, she notices the nice rides. She is buying a new car soon and wants my opinions on the models she likes. I'm pushing her toward the new Subaru Legacy GT 2.5L turbo.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A:
Picture this:
summer 1993. San Fran bay area. Two 91 Prelude Si's, 91 Civic DX and a 91 Galant VR-4. All tuned w/ what was available at the time. Mainly exhaust, springs and struts. All w/ 16" MOMO Wheels (Quasars, Ideas w/ color matched spokes on a white Si) Cruising out of the city across the Golden Gate at about 2:30 AM. Traveling about 105. That was the moment I fell in love w/ the Automobile.
I still love it. I am a tech at a local Mercedes-Benz dealer here in Denver. By the way I did a PDI on an '04 S600 today. For those who don't know, 5.5L twin turbo V-12. 493 hp 590 lbs ft of torque.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A:
I just take my time. Although I have a good headstart on my '90 Si. Bought the car in late January and already did the exh, int, susp., wheels and ICE. Will be looking for a builder A6 long block in a few weeks for the turbo build up.

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A:
Very satisfying. Also much cheaper if you can do your own labor.

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A:
A little of both. I'm not a big fan of most body kits. They look pretty damn cheesy, especially if they are not painted!!!
Some like the RS kit from WW are nice. I want the power and handling. Coming from the DSM camp. I got really tired of every MF w/ a boost controller on his 1st gen talking sh/t about a really well sorted Honda. When a Honda cuts a 100+ mph trap at Bandimere, your haulin' ass. The avg Lt1 runs in the 97 mph range here.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A:
Research

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A:
#1 make a plan. Do it right the first time. My car needs paint bad. I don't really care, I'm not a show car kinda guy. After I have 200+whp, I'll worry about the body.

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A:
Popular? I don't think so, everybody wants a turbo nowadays.
Nitrous kits obviously sell more, they're cheap by comparison. I lived in Vegas for awhile back in '96, and one of the local tuner shops had the first hybrid I'd seen. It was a '95 HB w/ a B18c1. It had a 80 shot wet kit, and cut low 13's on street tires at Vegas strip.

Turbos have had a bad rap for years, OEM or aftermarket.
That is starting to change. Bob Reager now runs turbos on a 6 sec '56 Chevy. He was a n2o guy just a few yrs ago.
Even Benz is using them now (on gas engines.) We had turbo diesels for yrs. The new S600 and our new '05 E320 CDI (common rail diesel). I've PDI'd 3 in the last week. Nice ride. 200 hp w/ 369 lbs ft of torque (1800-2700 rpm) and a rating of 37 mpg Highway.

Screw gas mileage though, the upcoming CL65 is an AMG version of the TT V-12. It is rated at 604 hp and 738 lbs ft of torque. That's on pump gas obviously. That's love.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-2004, 06:29 AM
SiZ's Avatar
SiZ SiZ is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,824
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A: I think its always been popluar, I just think now kids have a lot more options to work with for their monety. The market is just huge, hotrods always have been good though. Just now, there are so many cars that are moddable. I just think more people - more cars - more modding.

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A: F ya, but I think that kids have always been.. Reffer to question #1

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: They probably are the same as anyone that drives reasonably and try to reduce risks of accidents. I hate the way dubass ricers drive their cars, it scares me sometimes.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A:I thought they looked cool. I wanted chrome fender trim and chrome rims, and lowered. An older friend of mine in highschool had an 81 Toyota Starlet in highschool with wicked chrome wheels on it, like deep dish ones. That probably turned me on to cars, but then I got the speed bug and I can't make enough money since.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A:Its usually not too much of a problem. I've had lots of disposable income when I was younger (full time job and no bills) so when I was in school I just worked so I could have a cool car.

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A:Absolutley, you might as well learn something and save money in the meantime.

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: I like it to look clean, real subtle but still look decent.. And then lots of power to back it up.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: Learn everything about it before I spend the $.

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A: Lower the fucking thing!

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A: I don't really know much about it. If nitrous is more popular its just becuase of its bang for the buck value. I would definatley have it if it weren't for saftey issues, and legalities.
__________________
"The nympho of info, I'm fuckin' what ya heard"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-29-2004, 07:36 AM
crxlvr's Avatar
crxlvr crxlvr is offline
Slowest Automatic Civic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,460
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to crxlvr
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

okay ill play too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRedSi
Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A:Because its a new form of expression for the younger generation these days, back in the 60-70's, you all had muscle cars that you worked to be popular, know our generation as the new muscle cars to play with.

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A:yes, becuase they are adding parts to their cars to make them go as fast as they can, and some of these kids have just learned how to drive, and do not know how to control their cars in case of an emergency. They also take high risks racing on the streets, where all racing should be kept to the tracks.

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: im sure they disapprove of the work, becuase normally it will void any warranty, and it just isnt safe.

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: im an avid car freak, ive always loved cars, any and all, and working with them is my best hobby.

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A: i just try to work harder, and cut back on my car expenses for awhile until i get back in line.

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A:yes, you get a feeling of pride if you can say you did it yourself.

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: i try to keep both in check.

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A:what i think looks good, not what everyone else does, its my car and ill do what i like, regardless if you think its "rice" or not.

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A:do it right the first time, dont take any shortcuts, because they will bite you in the ass the next time around.

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A:yes, becuase it is a great HP/$ ratio
__________________
Name: Scott

Stable Of Cars I have Owned:
1991 Honda CRX
1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
2003 Honda Accord
1998 Chrysler Concorde
2007 Honda Civic
1997 Toyota Camry
1995 Saturn SC2
1996 Ford Taurus
1991 GMC Sierra
2002 Daewoo Leganza
1999 Dodge Ram
2007 Honda CR-V
2003 BMW 325i
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Ace$nyper's Avatar
Ace$nyper Ace$nyper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,738
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Re: Questionnaire...let's see some answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRedSi
Q: Why do you think customizing cars are so popular today?
A:shitty movies

Q: Do you believe teens are getting too dangerous with their customized
cars?
A:some are others no

Q: How do you think parents feel about customizing their cars and going
fast on the roads?
A: mixed my folks are ok with it and think its good i have a hobby that keeps me outta trouble

Q: What drove you to work on cars?
A: enjoyment of driving i wanted to have more fun driving

Q: How do you handle money issues if that became a problem?
A: its not and i doubt it will be but i'm good with money and know how to spend wisely

Q: Is it worth doing it (customizing) yourself?
A: depends some stuff is such a pain rather ship it out

Q: What kind of style do you go for? Big engines, alot of hp? Exterior
appearance or both?
A: handling work but outta them motor work

Q: How do you decide what to put in your car?
A: reading up on stuff feeling what the car needs more of *eg want more power look neater etc*

Q: What are the most important steps in order to customize your car?
A:good handling so suspension work

Q: Is NOS more popular than turbos, if yes why?
A:
yes cause its a cheap route for power while boosting takes alot of work and isn't able to be done by anyone.



there ya go!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts