-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-05-2004, 04:18 PM
starkmaster03's Avatar
starkmaster03 starkmaster03 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to starkmaster03
LT1 vs. LS1 (engine mounts)

I am thinking about buying a used LT1 or LS1 and building it up for an engine swap. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the engine mounts are different between the two engines. I know that they were both used the the four gen firebirds and camaro's but when they switched the engines the body styles changed also so i'm not sure if the mounts might have changed.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2004, 10:06 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: LT1 vs. LS1 (engine mounts)

Yes they are completely different mounts the LS1 has a 6 bolt main and the LT1 has a 4 bolt main on the Corvette and bolt on the F-body
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LT1 vs. LS1??? dbiggss Engine and Transmission 49 02-23-2008 09:50 PM
lt1 vs ls1 help y2icon Camaro Discussions 30 01-20-2005 08:53 PM
lt1 vs. ls1 swap into 3rd gen(1990) matt11583 Camaro Discussions 11 01-04-2005 10:17 PM
LT1 vs LS1 03cavyTT Camaro Discussions 26 03-21-2004 10:35 PM
lt1 vs ls1 93z28 Camaro Discussions 1 01-01-2004 01:36 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts