|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
My 1985 626 finally needs the original rear muffler replaced.
Local muffler shop wants to cut off old and weld on new. If I buy a Bosal H5000-39753 O.E. replacement on line, will I be able to unbolt the old muffler at the flange and bolt on the new one, or does it have to be welded on? Which will last longer, Maremont, Walker, or Bosal? Are any of these Aluminized? Do replacement mufflers come with a new flange gasket? Last edited by RR4647; 03-22-2004 at 08:20 PM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Wow. 19 years on the original muffler. Why would you want to buy anything other than the same one you had??!! The Maremonts are generally the bottom of the line. I have one on my '97 because it was the cheapest. I would think Walker would be next and Bosal probably the best out of the 3 you mentioned. I don't think that you will be unbolting anything. If you luck out all of the bolts will snap off when you try to turn them with a socket. I am not sure if your system is split(flanges,bolts,clamps) or if it is welded. Best thing you can do is look at it and see if it is or hope someone else still has the original muffler. don't think you are going to find too many original 1985 mufflers left....
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|