-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-04-2003, 10:17 AM
j. brinkley j. brinkley is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
steering squeak.. TSB

Has anyone had this problem? TSB applies to MY01-02
I'd hate to take the column assembly apart only to find that I need some part from the dealer.
I only have the notice, not the whole TSB
thanks for any help
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Buchanan6 Buchanan6 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steering squeak

J.-
I have a 93 Pathy and I had the same problem...drove me nuts! I was too lazy to pull the steering column off for the longest time. Soon I was going out of my mind and had to bite the bullet. Here's how I fixed it:

You need a long #1 phillips and a can of WD-40. On your steering column cover there are about 3 screws on each side holding it together. Unscrew them. The column cover should come right off. This gives you access to the backside of the steering wheel. There is a narrow gap/space where the actual steering wheel meets the column. Give the WD a little squirt in that gap. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2004, 06:25 AM
j. brinkley j. brinkley is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: steering squeak.. TSB

thanks for the help, but it's the spiral cable (airbag)
the part is on order, I just hate taking it to the dealer.
In case anyone else hears rubbing/squeak when turning the wheel, usually when cold. It's probably that cable.
replacement isn't a DIY, at least for me anyway- even with the service manual
BTW MY PATHFINDER IS FOR SALE- 2002
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windshield wipers and a TSB 2001 GM MrRealtor Grand Marquis 2 09-30-2010 08:52 PM
Steering squeaking and other problems david-b Brakes and Suspension 1 08-17-2009 11:33 PM
Steering Wheel Repair JDatx512 Tacoma 0 03-30-2009 12:55 PM
2002 Steering Squeaking BigFig15 Grand Marquis 12 07-22-2007 02:30 PM
Steering squeaks ibabouniaj Taurus | Taurus Wagon 1 06-18-2004 06:57 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts