-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-07-2004, 10:36 PM
dmorlow dmorlow is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 368
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
power seats memory???

Ok, I have this option in my car and I don't have a clue on how to use it. I put the seat where I want it. Then I selected set and pushed the number 1 button. I heard some tones acting like it accepted the setting. But then you move the seat then push 1 again and it doesn't go back to where I originally had it. Am I doing something wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2004, 11:52 PM
dsatt12 dsatt12 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine moves everything but the seat back position. I don't know if that's just busted or it doesn't do that by design, but it sounds like you have the right procedure.

I press set (1 beep) then the button I want (2 beeps) and it'll move the seat and the mirrors back where I had them if they get moved after that. It's pretty nice for when the wife drives it on setting #2. It does beep once when you use the feature to move the seats once they are set also.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2004, 01:16 AM
jessb45 jessb45 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: power seats memory???

It will re-adjust everything except for the tilt. If you lean your seat back, for some reason it will not correct this. Try moving your seat forward and changing the height. It should fix those. I guess that they thought you might want to change the tilt of the seat occasionally. Strange, but that is how it works.

If you tried to do something other than the tilt and it didn't work, then it might be broken.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2004, 07:00 AM
thumpin455 thumpin455 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
And for obvious reasons the memory seat functions can only be performed while the gear selector is in the park position. And another tidbit for you guys & gals without an owners manual; momentarily pressing the #1 & #2 buttons together will make the seat go all the way down and back to make it easier to exit the car.
__________________
Paul

1995 Aurora (metallic gray w/graphite interior, heated seats)
1966 Toronado (black on black, chrome wheels, Olds 425)
1971 Lemans Sport Conv (w/solid lift Olds 455, very fast)
2006 Impala (my company car & daily driver)
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lock, and power seat problems!!!! Jefferscene Taurus | Taurus Wagon 12 01-20-2010 02:00 PM
Power Seat Failure panteli2011 Thunderbird 2 07-23-2009 05:33 PM
98 GC limited power seat memory s7eveo Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8 0 01-25-2006 03:00 PM
2002 I35 Power Seat Memory dbboston Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 0 09-22-2004 04:37 PM
Power Seat Memory Question jlaird Aurora 1 11-10-2003 09:12 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts