|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Engineering/ Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works? |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Question about FI versus Carbs?
I was wondering if I was to build an carburated engine could I change to fuel injection without changing the horsepower if I was to get the appropriate injectors? The systems in question are 750 CFM holley performer versus the Holley stealth ram. Help would be excellent cause fuel injection confuses the hell outta me.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Question about FI versus Carbs?
Usually you should be able to get out more hp since the safetymargins can be made smaller.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Question about FI versus Carbs?
from what I understand, FI is better for just about all applications other than all out, top end enignes that need a ton of fuel.
__________________
Mustangs are nice, but I'd rather have one of these...
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure when I'm buying for teh build that I don't spend more and get less.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Question about FI versus Carbs?
FI is better for all type of applications, electronic fuel injection can't however handle the fuel management of a Top Fuel so it's mechanical but electronic isn't allowed so there have been no reason to made one that works for Top Fuels.
Formula One switched to elecronic from mechanical fuel injection in the early eighties and gain quite some power due to better management. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Have a look at Holly's website. Their high performance FI systems are good for a wide variety of applications so you should be fine, so long as the camshaft you have is not a really radical grind.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Question about FI versus Carbs?
it goes both ways, there are 9 sec carbed cars, there are 9 sec FI cars. Just build it well
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|