|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Engineering/ Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works? |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
uncontrolled reving
I just got a 1998 dodge dakota sport v8 5.2, and it revs itself while at highway speeds, also, sometimes there is some sparatic idling at points. There is no change in speed or shifting of the transmission. I had the transmission serviced and a tune-up done but neither fixed the problem. All the mechanics I have talked to about it are freakin clueless and give me little or no help. Would like some help please, at least an idea.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
engine revs but no change in speed? something must be slipping--have another look at that tranny.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: uncontrolled reving
Quote:
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
When the engine revs up...what would be the estimated rpm change?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: uncontrolled reving
Quote:
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: uncontrolled reving
cleaning the injectors is good...hope that will fix your problem.
surging... it can be caused by a whole host of things...like lean/rich fuel mixture, bad electrical connection, sparkplug, plug wire. I would find the MAP sensor and check to port to the outside air pressure...sometimes this gets stopped up by dirt and it confuses the computer on the correct fuel mixture needed. good luck jimmymc |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: uncontrolled reving
I don't know if this might help but it is an Idea.About a year ago my buddy at work was looking at a larger Dodge truck with about the same symptoms as yours.After checking it over for a while He found some Dodge trucks have an internal vacuum leak which may cause this. I think he replaced the intake manifold gasket set.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|