-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-25-2001, 02:06 PM
scumbag scumbag is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lamborghini V-10

On of my Lamborghini books has pictures of a V 10 crankshaft(several I believe) at the factory. Was there V 10 released in Europe that I have not heard of in the USA? If I remember correctly it before the release of the Diablo. Just curious..


Scumbag
__________________
97 SHO TR
50,000 miles
Stock
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-20-2001, 02:58 PM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I dont think they ever made a V10. I'm not sure, though.
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2001, 04:26 PM
Porsche's Avatar
Porsche Porsche is offline
Pretty much amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 3,764
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Porsche
They did have a joint venture between Chysler? When they were making the Viper. Lamborghini added two cylinders to a Stock V-8 and ten got the Viper's monster. Or something along those lines. Get Hudson over here!
__________________


ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2001, 05:37 PM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Ohhh, I see.
Yes, they did turn the Dodge Ram's all iron V10 into an all aluminum unit for the Viper.
They were owned by Chrysler, and were even in Formula 1, but werent very successful.

I hope this clears things up.
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2001, 06:23 PM
Porsche's Avatar
Porsche Porsche is offline
Pretty much amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 3,764
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Porsche
The second part is right, All I know is that they took an existing Chysler V-8 and added two cylinders but beefed everything else up too.

Too clear anything up in future posts! They didn't just weld two extra cylinders on! They took the design and added the two extra cylinders.
__________________


ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2001, 08:47 PM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I'm pretty sure it was the Dodge Ram iron V10, converted to aluminum by Lamborghini. Where is this 'Hudson' character??
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-20-2001, 08:54 PM
Porsche's Avatar
Porsche Porsche is offline
Pretty much amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 3,764
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Porsche
I don't know but he knows all and should be seeing all.
__________________


ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-19-2001, 05:45 AM
AzAzeL AzAzeL is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lambo designed the V10 for the viper or helped to design it
the also were racin in the F1's i tink around 1994?? correct me, in the larousse team??? no major team wanted their motors, and they didnt go ahead, they were ment to have a team of their own, but some guy pulled out with most of the funding, and it didnt go ahead

~AzA~
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-19-2001, 01:46 PM
Chris's Avatar
Chris Chris is offline
Oldie
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Im positive it was Dodge truck engine, then made aluminum by Lamborghini.
They were in F1, in the early 90's. Then Chrysler backed out, and the company almost went bankrupt, and the program stopped.
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2001, 12:00 AM
Hudson Hudson is offline
Old Mod
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,525
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why do you need me? You guys seem to be doing fine on your own.

I think the F1 cars were V12s, though. I'm not so sure on that one.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts